Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to post the track days I am registered for already so if anyone wanted to piggyback and try to make the same events we can try to get there together.
If you are signing up for any events, post who they are with and when they are!

5/12 - 5/15 Deals Gap!
6/8 Summit Point Main Course
6/9 Summit Point Jefferson Course
7/9 Martin Moto Day at Pocono **Just added!**
7/15 BeaveRun
8/11 Pocono FUSA Course
8/26 VIR South Course
8/27 VIR North Course
9/29 Pocono East Course

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
this might be a thread highjack.
Are these open days? do you need a special licence? and I am guessing that you need full leathers for this. Just wondering to see what it will take to make it to one of these.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
+ at least 3 if not 5. Gotta get the group to commit - give me some time to talk to them and I'll get back to you. About how much money altogether for the day (rental of leathers, own helmt and bike and any other fees).
Laura

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
98yell750 said:
this might be a thread highjack.
Are these open days? do you need a special licence? and I am guessing that you need full leathers for this. Just wondering to see what it will take to make it to one of these.
No worries on the thread jack, its the Track discussion thread!
So heres the deal. My events are through Nesba... www.nesba.com
You can join and be a member which is $75/yr and it gives you access to attending track events. Also on the sitre you'll see where you can do a "Try The Track" and this would be a FREE two session introduction where you can get away with just wearing over the ankle boots, a good riding jacket and doubling up on the jeans. If you then decide to stay, you can pay for the membership and day and ride the rest of the day.

Check out the site and the literature on it. There's also Team Promotion, but I think they can be a bit more expensive because NESBA is a non-profit.

Laura, you'd love it because you can learn so much on the track you cant learn on the road!

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
deals gap listed as a track day..... excellent

ol'yella - watch marco... he'll have you on his race team before long ;)

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
bighoss said:
deals gap listed as a track day..... excellent

ol'yella - watch marco... he'll have you on his race team before long ;)
Not if he wants to lose!

so dark, I will look that up. I want to learn more and be a better rider with out having to worry about the crap out on the street.
Plus,the low parts need some brightining.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
sodark said:
So I wanted to post the track days I am registered for already so if anyone wanted to piggyback and try to make the same events we can try to get there together.
If you are signing up for any events, post who they are with and when they are!

5/12 - 5/15 Deals Gap!
6/8 Summit Point Main Course
6/9 Summit Point Jefferson Course
7/15 BeaveRun
8/11 Pocono FUSA Course
8/26 VIR South Course
8/27 VIR North Course
9/29 Pocono East Course
Marco, these track days still a go for you?????

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DUCnHAR said:
Marco, these track days still a go for you?????
Absolutely, they are already paid for. I haven't made reservations for the hotels yet, which I should probably do soon for VIR anyway.
Are you planning on doing any of the same Nesba days? I hope so, I really enjoyed being there with friends!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I was hoping to join in for some....we are taking vacation first week in June, but was planning on going to NW Pa...but maybe we can head south and do the track day at Summit and then vaca from there...if not , Beaverun looks cool...that may be a go....

Steve was gonna take vaca ( again) in July... we'll see if we can work that in...

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone want to run Pocono East on April 14th?
I may want to add this in to my schedule if any fellow DeVal's are up for it!

You know you want to...
It'll make ya feeeel goood...
...everybody's doin it...

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Marco, Beaverun is july 14th....not the 15th that you have stated.....so thats Saturday, not Sunday.. OH I see now they are gonna be there both days! You are doing Sunday??? the 15th??

Steve and I are going thru the calendar now, we'll probably be doing the 6/9 ( summit-Jefferson) and 7/14 ( Beaverun)....okay????

We'll be vacactioning the week before each event.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I'll be doing the 15th, so I can drive out on Saturday morning, enjoy it there that day, ride Sunday and chill there again Sunday night and drive home Monday.
I'll definitely see you on 6/9 though, and probably check you out at the track on 7/14 depending when we get there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Bring the snow tires for April Pocono Marco......

There's a link on Doug Hagy's SVP website www.Shadowvideoproductions.com to on track footage.

On it, myself following a customer on a CBR600RR riding over his head and it was SLEETING out and hitting the windscreen/camera........he highsided out of the 'bus stop'....(ouch).

Longjohns, lowww tire pressures(and warmers help but anyway), you name it. Be careful in April events there.....everyone's getting the 'dust off', new members running around......can be a 'different day', than from last September as FYI. Oh, and the Mille is a new thing to learn and alot on the east course when it's 90 out, let alone 30 or less.

'Holla!

Oh, July 9-Pocono East...Martinmoto 3rd annual for current purchase customers-email me for details as we get into late April and start writing doen the new/updated rules/logistics, etc. be great to see some new faces and their Monsters.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I hear what you're saying man, I didn't pay for it yet because of that reason, I figure I'll wait to see how the weather changes first. If it looks like its going to get warmer earlier I may do it, but I learned last year that Pocono can get col...real cold.. The one day it was 43 and raining at the track and it was 62 and sunny at home.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
sodark said:
Yeah, I'll be doing the 15th, so I can drive out on Saturday morning, enjoy it there that day, ride Sunday and chill there again Sunday night and drive home Monday.
I'll definitely see you on 6/9 though, and probably check you out at the track on 7/14 depending when we get there.
I'll do the 15th, no biggie...as before we'll be out there all week. I'd rather do the same day you do!! more fun!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
THUNDERDUC said:
Bring the snow tires for April Pocono Marco......

There's a link on Doug Hagy's SVP website www.Shadowvideoproductions.com to on track footage.

On it, myself following a customer on a CBR600RR riding over his head and it was SLEETING out and hitting the windscreen/camera........he highsided out of the 'bus stop'....(ouch).

Longjohns, lowww tire pressures(and warmers help but anyway), you name it. Be careful in April events there.....everyone's getting the 'dust off', new members running around......can be a 'different day', than from last September as FYI. Oh, and the Mille is a new thing to learn and alot on the east course when it's 90 out, let alone 30 or less.

'Holla!
May was always C-O-L-D at Pocono the last few years!!! let alone April!!

Oh, July 9-Pocono East...Martinmoto 3rd annual for current purchase customers-email me for details as we get into late April and start writing doen the new/updated rules/logistics, etc. be great to see some new faces and their Monsters.
wow, July 9th is gonna be Martins trackday, thats gonna be a busy week....

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chris, can I ask you to give a quick lesson to us beginner track addicts on how to be smooth, the importance of body position and head movement, and whatever else you can share that will help us on the track? I know you've spent hours in my garage crawling all over the SV making revving noises and crawling all over it like a monkey to explain to me, which was a huge help, maybe you can share some of that info with the rest? Specially about rear brakes, what causes highsides, target fixation and stuff like that..
[thumbsup]

·
Registered
346 Posts
Maybe we do a seminar at the new shop in May/June???

I'll be happy to offer what I know and appreciate you thinking I'm a resource-guess I never look at myself like that-just like going fast.

If there is a collective group of new trackday people, then we should figure out the best way for everyone to get the instruction as a group I guess-I'm open to anything that works for you all.

The revving noises are optional....but I can do a mean twin fo sho ;)

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Chris, I think a seminar would be great. Pretty much everything that Marco listed, plus maybe some pointers on how to power-slide ;). Well maybe no power-sliding techniques just yet, but at least the basics for those of us who have never been on a track.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
A seminar sounds cool, I'd be up for that..... be like a Keith Code school!! [thumbsup]

A "Chris from Martins school", just as good!! ;D

1 - 20 of 107 Posts