Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just figured out my relatives live 20 minutes from the Poconos raceway and I started thinking about some trackdays there. Who puts on track days there? I have found that Pro-motion and NYSBC do days there. Is one a better group than the other? Which configuration of the track is best?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Cal Superbike does sessions there, too. Poconos is a great track. There's something about their asphalt, its really, really sticky, but hard on the tires.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Lukering said:
Cal Superbike does sessions there, too. Poconos is a great track. There's something about their asphalt, its really, really sticky, but hard on the tires.
I've heard it's really patchy/crappy in places...

G

·
The difference between TPM (Team Promotion) and NYSBC is like comparing Pizza Hut to you favorite mom and pop pizzeria. TPM is a large structured group that offers instructions for first time track rider as well as track side assistance. NYSBC is a loosely organized group on a shoe string budget but you get more track time due to smaller attendance.

I have ridden with both groups and find TPM has a lot of perks, but will nickel and dime you to death. Their more popular venues always seem crowded and their track day prices keep going up every year. NYSBC has one track day a month and just recently added other tracks to their schedule. However, Pocono still remains prevalent.

The East course is short and technical with lots of bumps and dips in the wrong places. FUSA is a hodge podge of turns strung together like an after thought. West is the East course ran clockwise. Never did North. If you are just starting to do track days I would recommend the East course. It's an easy course to learn and short enough to get a lot of laps in.

Go with TPM one day, learn as much as you can from the instructors and then go ballz out with NYSBC's free reign.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I did a day w/ NESBA @ Summit Point in Sept. They also do some days at Pocono. They were good, but probably crowded. I got used to it after a while. The one complaint I heard about Pocono is that the paddock is all gravel. Also I've heard about bumpiness, most don't seem to mind much.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I have done 3 days on the East course with NYSBC. It's a great bunch of folks and you get a ton of track time. I will be riding with them this year and will also be riding with the Absolute Cycle club.

Robert Lombardi Racing instruction moved from NYSBC to Absolute Cycle this year and I'll be taking the advanced course with them.

As for the condition of the East Course, I would be lying to say it isn't bumpy going into the bus stop, and there is one heave before the first turn out of the pits. Also, there is generally alot of crap near the wall on the long straight. I cant imagine that is too uncommon on the bigger stock car racing tracks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.