Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Below are some photos from my recent two day track session at Qld raceway. Sorry...I was not riding my monster!

There's more here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/eatongb/Track%20days/?action=view&slideshow=true

I took 4.72 seconds off my lap times over the 2 days and am very happy with that! Still not quick by any means (1:27.07). I've ridden the bike 4 times now, so finally felt comfortable and was able to go harder than my first couple of track days. I still have a long way to go though! I'm hoping to be able to take off another couple of seconds with a couple more track days. Then I think I'll need to do a champions ride day tuition to make more headway into my times.

I tell you...doing two track days in a row is awesome!! You do the first day and head home thinking about what to do different the next time you're out. But instead of waiting weeks, you get to go back the next day and try out your ideas while it's all still fresh in your mind!

The 954 has been a great intro to inline 4's. It has nice power deliver and handles great and is just so easy to ride (relatively speaking anyway). I made the right choice with the blade as a track bike.

Cheers

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Nice! [thumbsup].... getting your knee down alright tough. You seem relatively comfortable too, apex are there some were??? I sure you already know about the bumps in the braking zone of the back straight... - Chris

·
Registered
318 Posts
Excellent shots mate! [thumbsup]
Looking good.
Don't take this the wrong way, but may I suggest one piece leathers so when you bin it (and you will) on the track you'll have some protection. You crash on your back and slide at speed you'll have no lower back left.

cheers

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nitrox said:
Oops, that on second look may not be a t-shirt I can see. My applogies if I f**cked up here, just trying to be neighbourly!
That's a white leather panel! Ha ha everyone says "I can see your shirt man" to which I respond "ahhh...that's not my shirt. That's just how white trash my skin is."

G

·
Registered
318 Posts
You almost got me too!
Excellent shots. Your right, blades are very fine track and road bikes.
If only we had a decent track in Brisbane. You southern guys are very
lucky to have Eastern Creek and Philip Island.
QLD Raceway is a boring donut. :mad:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nitrox said:
QLD Raceway is a boring donut. :mad:
Yeah it's not the best that's for sure. But it's still fun to open the taps completely somewhere. I'm crossing everything I have hoping that lakeside will be open to ride days next year once it's re developed. I've never ridden it before and apparently its a blast (and quite scary in places)
Cheers
G

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Syd-Monster said:
Nice! apex are there some were???
Apexes...yeah well ahhh...lines and hitting apexs is something I need to work on ok [laugh]. That is one of the main areas that I'd like to get some instruction on by doing a Champions tuition day. I'm still very weak on where's the best apex for each corner and lines in general. My lines are pretty much just whatever happens in the corner!If I'm a bit late on the brakes (like in some...ok most...of those photos) then my line is wide!
G

·
Registered
318 Posts
I wasn't aware that Lakeside was being redeveloped.
Hope your right as its a fun track. Quite tight and demanding, and not a big straight
like Eastern Creek and Philip Island.
Would be fun on a Monster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.