Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 've started doing track time on my S4R (it's awesome btw and seems to be way quicker through the twisties than most other scooters), but I can't figure out how to disable the head light without pulling the bulb. Non of the fuses are dedicated solely to the lights. Do any of you guys have a suggestion that might help? It's a pain to dismantle the light everytime I hit the track.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Honestly, pull off the headlight for trackdays. It's way too expensive to replace if you go down. It's two bolts and one wire to disconnect.

If you want to keep it on, there is a wire behind it that you can just disconnect. Dunno if it is routed on the left or right side behind the headlight. Trace the wire back from the back of the headlight and then just disconnect. Voila! You might want to ziptie the wired down after you disconnect so that it isn't flopping around.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Spidey said:
Honestly, pull off the headlight for trackdays. It's way too expensive to replace if you go down. It's two bolts and one wire to disconnect.

If you want to keep it on, there is a wire behind it that you can just disconnect. Dunno if it is routed on the left or right side behind the headlight. Trace the wire back from the back of the headlight and then just disconnect. Voila! You might want to ziptie the wired down after you disconnect so that it isn't flopping around.
+1

You might want to yank off the turn signals too while you're at it along with anything else you don't need at the track and don't want to replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.