Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can anybody tell me about TPO products and service. I'm looking into a couple of items:
Zenon Bulbs
Clutch Spacers (I like the clean look of the stock cover)
Spark Plug wires
and Stealth License Plate bracket kit

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
man this is sure coming up a lot lately.

If you do a search its been discussed quite a bit lately, look for posts 90 days and newer.

Service seems great, but it depends some have not had such a good experience.

Price wise its also a judgement call. If you can cobble up the parts locally its going to be cheaper. Cutting out the middle man and all.
Otherwise if you are not very handy maybe getting a all in one kit it good.

I have to say TPO's instruction sheets are top notch. A lesson could be learned on documentation from them. Lots of color shots.

Instead of a stealth license plate bracket kit get the DML one!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I think the general consensus is that TPO products are overpriced. I've also heard he's slow to respond to orders on occasion. I think the parts have a value, in that you get really good instructions (which may be irrelevant to those who know what they are doing, but they can reassure someone who is about to work on an expensive motorcycle for the first time), and all the parts are there. You don't have to go source every washer and this lube, and that screw..it's all there for you.

I bought the emmisions removal kit, and was totally satisfied. I felt "safe" doing the mod because of the instructins, and I knew that I'd have all I needed to complete the procedure as well.

M

·
0 Posts
I didnt buy the emissions kit because I was able to source parts.
I thought I could find the k&n filter for the crankcase breather but with all the hassle of finding it, it was cheaper and easier to just get it from TPO with my intakes.

In hindsight I probably could have cut up my factory airbox but overall i'm satisfied with the TPO beast.

S

·
0 Posts
hm...come on ... TPO again.... I think someone is trying to promote their product...even though they are overpriced, and you get no performance gains at all

M

·
0 Posts
hm...come on ... TPO again.... I think someone is trying to promote their product...even though they are overpriced, and you get no performance gains at all

An informed buyer is a smart buyer. If ANYONE bought the emissions kit or breather thinking they would get 20 extra HP then I highly suggest you put down the crack pipe and take some steps back.

Capitalism is such a great thing. Price is only fair IF the buyer and seller agree. If the majority of people think a product is overpriced then guess what. The seller goes out of business. Otherwise he/she is sucessful. Supply and Demand is a beautiful thing indeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts