Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering why gain I could get from upgrading with these parts? Also the stock cans are remus ones...do I really need to get new ones such as the FBF slip-ons I'm considering or will they be just fine with a pc3 and that tpo ugrades?

Now I'm confused, I removed the lid air filter just to experience the difference...man what a drag the bike ran awful...now what's the point of getting a pc3 to get a richer mixture and compensate if I end up getting the same power than with stock air filter?

sigh...

+

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah I forgot I have a M750i.e. '02 and I think it runs just great like that...so an upgrade of $1000 would rather be a luxury or a real improvment. If I can get noticeable power/torque increase then yes otherwise I'll keep my money.

G

·
hey dude,
your bike may've not run well with the lid removed because of an overly lean condition.
if you really want more power, save your nickels and dimes and buy a bigger motor'd monster!
that said, there are gains to be had with the m750, but don't expect "big numbers"... the improved throttle response and smooth power delivery will be more appreciable than the actual "numbers"
the TPO "beast" kit apparentely produces some good gains in power and saves some weight in parts removed. with such a change in intake, i'd definately recommend tuning the fuel injection and while a PCIII is a great option, it's not the only one out there. check out this thread for some details:

http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=parts;action=display;num=1059668616

as for the mufflers, your stock cans are manufactured by remus, right? well the fact is ducati doesn't make any of their stock cans but outsources to whatever company offers a good bid to the job. they build mufflers to ducati's specs which meet EPA requirements. in other words, they're still very restrictive and shouldn't be compared with the aftermarket performance exhausts offered by remus, sil motor, termignoni, etc...

to sum up, if you modify your intake (by either openning the airbox lid and dropping in a K&N or going with the TPO kit) _AND_ install performance exhaust, you'll definately want to tune your fuel injection. what gains can you expect? well depending on which options you go with, you can figure on anywhere from about 3-7 hp difference from bone-stock. doesn't sound like much but that's peak power. midrange will also appreciate some nice gains and the ridability improvements will pay off nicely.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thx for all this information, sounds like I can improve some stuff indeed, ridability being a good one.

I want to get the FBF slip-ons + TPO intake + PC3. That's close to $1000 if not more.

Now I haven't found a map for my model and that's the tough part it seems. bastard model I have.

+

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Hey Brutus:

I've got an 02' 750 like you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts