1 - 7 of 7 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I have the tail bag, and love it, fits perfectly and stays put.
and holds lots of stuff, and looks good on the bike.
I have hi pipes so I didn't get the saddle bags.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the information. i have low pipes, so I beleive the saddlebags will work.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I've got the whole shebang, except the TailBag is the normal one, not the Sport.
They go on & come off really easy, but they are quite secure when fastened on.
I've seen about 130 indicated with the whole kit on, no flapping or instability.

This is how it looks:

They fit good, but they need this support to keep 'em out of the wheel.
I'll be more than happy to send you some plans for these, they're really easy to make.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I have an all black cortech sport tailbag that I used once, but I'd rather use a backpack (personal preference). The reason being that when I leave my bike out in public, I hate leaving the bag there, so Id rather have the bag attached to me rahter than the bike making for quicker mounting/dismounting of the bike.

The one time I used it I liked it, and I was able to hook mine up to the tail just fine, I just wrapped the rear hooks around the turn signals to the passenger grab rails, then the front hooks to the wishbone.

The only problem I had with the bag was the location of the zipper, since the bag expands at the sides, the zipper does open to the whole length of the bag expanded, making it a tight squeeze to get some "longer" things in. Once they are in there is ample room, however. The one time I did use it I was able to put a full size back protector into it along with a few books and some other misc items.

I really love how the bag is shaped, it looks right at home on the monster with its sloped back slingback look. It has a neoprene pad to protect your bike and stop the bag from shifting, reflective piping, built in straps, soft lining inside, a rain bag, and two handy side zippered pocket areas. And it is something you could take to work as well as out on a weekend trip (whereas lots of bags are huge and clunky, this one is really sleek and GQ).

So, to make a long story short, I'd be willing to part with the bag given the right offer.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Oh I should add that mounting and removing is a snap, there are 4 built in bungee cords that tuck into the bag when not used, and you just mount them to the locations I described above or anywhere else you feel comfy...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up the Chase Harper Stealth bags, made out of a semi rigid material that holds its shape but is flexible. Easy on off (with the rear seat cover removed)and they look like they belong on the bike, I am really happy with them .www.chaseharper.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts