Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the response. I have a couple questions. Is the seat flatter? The stock seat tends to push you into the gas tank. What about the height? My seat now is at the lower position with the blocks removed. Does the rear cowling fit on the seat? Thanks again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't know about flat but the touring seat is an inch taller than the regular seat with blocks.
Indeed. No problem with the rear cowl, underneath it's the same as the original, it's just higher in the front section, could solve you're problem! I was able to test the seat before bying it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indeed. No problem with the rear cowl, underneath it's the same as the original, it's just higher in the front section, could solve you're problem! I was able to test the seat before bying it.
How do you like it? Does it push you forward to the gas tank like the stock seat does? Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
How do you like it? Does it push you forward to the gas tank like the stock seat does? Thanks
Don't know if you've tried this but you can pull the blocks from under the rear of the seat but leave them under the front and that helps a lot with the sliding forward issue. This was recommended by my dealer. I have pretty long legs and it works for me very well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can't add much to what's been said here, but I bought the Touring seat sight unseen and installed it. For me, it's significantly better (I'm 6'1" and 150 pounds with 34" inseam) and I'm not being shoved into the tank nearly so much.

I like the fact that looking at the bike, I can't tell that anything's changed. The seat cowl just slipped right on. Even the red stitching is the same.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't know if you've tried this but you can pull the blocks from under the rear of the seat but leave them under the front and that helps a lot with the sliding forward issue. This was recommended by my dealer. I have pretty long legs and it works for me very well.
Thanks, great idea, I'll try it. what about the side pieces. Did you install them or leave them out?

·
Registered
227 Posts
They had this seat on the demo bike. On my want to buy/must have list for sure. Was very soft and at 6ft 2 felt juat high enough to make a noticeable improvement in comfort

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Christel Thank you so much. I'm just about to bite the bullet and order one. I'd really prefer a Corbin or Sargent's but they don't make a seat for our bikes... yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
@Christel Thank you so much. I'm just about to bite the bullet and order one. I'd really prefer a Corbin or Sargent's but they don't make a seat for our bikes... yet.
I know marketing is going slow :( I'm looking for a reatset, just got a message from aem-factory that it won't be ready before november @EICMA

·
Registered
113 Posts
Besides the height difference, is it more comfortable? I just finished a trip to
Sturgis and must say I was sore after a 10 hour day. I"m 6'1, 220 lbs. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts