Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see the movie Torque. Man I was so disappointed that there where no DUCATIS at all. About 30 minutes into the movie, I was glad that there are not DUCATIS in the movie. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Yeah, we went to see it, too. Part of me wanted to leave and the other part made me stay to see how bad it would get... Boy, did it get bad.

For a movie about sportbikes, there sure was a lot of off-road action....

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Hey at least it's not Biker Boyz.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
My favorite video guide rates movies with from one to five stars, with very few movies getting five. A few special movies get a little turkey symbol because one star isn't low enough.

From the other comments I've seen about Torque, apparently they'll have to come out with something below turkey for this movie. ;)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
;D, JAJAJAJa, Like I said, IAM SO GLAD THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY DUCATIS IN IT.--- [smiley=applause.gif]

·
Registered
316 Posts
I still want to see an old movie called
Attack of the Vampire Biker Chicks.
It would probably rate two dead chickens!
Cesar.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I saw it. It made me embarrassed to be a motorcycle rider. I really have never seen such a bad movie. I was also glad that there weren't any Ducs in it.

I'm pretty sure that the sport bikes were changed to stunt enduro bikes with fairings for the forest and desert scenes

Interesting though....

I think the film is so bad that it has cult potential. The more I think about it, the more I just laugh, so it was almost worth it. Mucho camp value!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Classic Tragic Pajama Party!
Maybe we could have a pajama party and show classic and tragic motorcycle movies all night! Paulas' house! (He-He)
Cesar.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Good Idea, how about it Paula??? ;D

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Wow, I thought it was great. could it have been the theater you saw it in? the spot you sat in? I saw it at the brand new Century Theaters at Oakridge in south San Jose. we sat a little forward of center. big screen, lots of action, ya!, what a fun ride.

rrock.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
i actually went to see it.... looks to me like they were making an action movie and the sportbike props were an afterthought.

it's not really a movie about racing... just lots of squidly bike stunts.

btw, those were dual-sport tires on those bikes in the desert/palm trees. the dueling bike chicks btw was a bit obvious in the "wire" department.

G

·
I am reading all of these replies, a few days too late. I unfortuneatly saw the movie also. What a bunch of knuckleheads. I love how they miraculously change from street tirea to off-road and then back to street in one scene. Amazing. One heck of a pit crew. But the "capper" was the chick fight scene. I am by no means a movie creator or writer but how can you watch that scene and as a director say "oh that was a great scene"
The main character reminded me of Luke Wilson trying to portray Dirt Harry. Pathetic.
The only cool scene in that movie, was the Cameo of Jesse James from West Coast Choppers. All of about 1 sentence
JC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts