Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a difficult time keeping tabs on how many riders have a front windshield/windscreen/fairing on their Monster and how many do not on the text thread so I decided to post a poll here on it.

- Daffe

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I went back and forth on that, taking off the minifairing, putting it back on, adding a clear windshield, then taking it all off again. I finally settled on the original stock minifairing year round.

Of course, now that the minifairing is smashed (along with the rest of the bike), I've switched to full fairing plus saddlebags. ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
She came into the world naked, and naked she shall remain.

If I'd wanted a bike with plastic, I ... well, I did buy some bikes with plastic, but not the Monster.

-D.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott, how do you like your ST2? Do you miss the tug of the wind pulling on your jacket (when you were riding the monster) vs the ST2 or is the difference in terms of handling, functionality, etc kind of lost b/t the 2 bikes so they're not quite comparable (kinda like comparing apples and cows)?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Scott, how do you like your ST2? Do you miss the tug of the wind pulling on your jacket (when you were riding the monster) vs the ST2 or is the difference in terms of handling, functionality, etc kind of lost b/t the 2 bikes so they're not quite comparable (kinda like comparing apples and cows)?
I've probably ridden the bike almost 10 miles so far. It will be several months before I can form a proper opinion of it, because it will be that long before I can ride more than a few minutes at a time.

And I don't want to form any opinions until I get some new tires installed, the old ones are not in great shape.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Motostrano has some great deals on Pirellis I think. I happened to get some Macadams for $109 and $90 (rear and front) at Cycle Gear in San Jose the other day.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
windscreens are hideously ugly. My bike will never be dressed in one.

G

·
Gotta be topless...brings more attention to those huge headlights. well, headlight.

That doesn't sound right.

Maybe I mean, you get a better view of the one-eyed monster when topless.

Not much better.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I used to be firmly in the no windscreen crowd, but now that I have a bellypan that needs installing I may pick up a windscreen to see how it looks. Then again, I still think it will probably look better without it, I probably shouldn't waste my time...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Gotta be topless...brings more attention to those huge headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I just did Daffe, I have the full DP Carbon Bellypan, but no top.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can just see a new T-shirt design... "ride a naked monster... we don't need no stinkin' protection"

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
TOPLESS!!! Do you think that little fairing makes a difference?? I took it off to make the streetfighter-look on my M900 complete!!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
... found that a bikini top makes a big difference in cross-wind riding.... and also some difference in deflecting wind from the upper body when traveling at over 85 or so. my monster is topless though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts