Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, been meaning to ask this question of the local DML community:

Anyone know of a good place in the valley to practice?

I would like to brush up on some of the MSF stuff (fast stops, clutching up the front wheel, etc.) as well as maybe some techniques found in books like Twist of the Wrist. I don't know of any abandoned runways or drag strips around here, and most parking lots or loading dock areas I can think of are too close to residential areas, so I'm sure there would be a noise complaint, what with the 2-cylinder thuunder and termignoni's and all. :police:

Any secret spots I should check out? Prefereably close to a hospital. (Please send me a PM if your scared to give it away publicly...)

Thanks in advance!

Your pal,
Dietrich
;D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just head for a business industrial park in the evenings or on the weekend. You have parking lots to practice your weaving skills and you have fairly deserted roads for acceleration / braking / wheelies / stoppies / stopped balancing / etc. Cops are usually not around there on the weekends either. Just beware that there is a bunch of illegal drag racing taking place in the late evenings in some industrial parks in the valley...

As for noise? I bet your bike is a lot quieter than mine or my customers are. (Or some of the RC51's that roll out of the nearby dealership) No complaints from the locals -- but don't do it in the late evening even if on the weekend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.