Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
in no particular order:

hayden, rossi, capirossi, pedro, melandri.

basically, same as this year. [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
biaggi, gibernau, mccoy, depuniet, and that other guy that falls all the time. [laugh]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Random order...
Rossi (duh), Hopper, Capirex, Pedro, and Hayden

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Davesax36 said:
biaggi, gibernau, mccoy, depuniet, and that other guy that falls all the time. [laugh]
Can't believe you forgot Stoner, he's got the best chance of dropping a competitive bike. ;)

(I'm a Stoner fan)

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Sete's gonna come out of retirement and take all 5 top spots by himself. How, you ask? By switching bikes and teams after or during each race, and, during each, making sure to take out all of his teammates for that particular race for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
781 Posts
derby said:
in no particular order:

hayden, rossi, capirossi, pedro, melandri.

basically, same as this year. [cheeky]
+1

·
Registered
145 Posts
stoner , pedrosa , capirex, nakano , rossi

it will be intresting to see nakano on a competitive bike next season. i think hes one of the most underrated riders.

it would also be boring to see rossi up on top again. i hope he is getting his a** whipped by the young guns...

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
MarcS4R said:
stoner , pedrosa , capirex, nakano , rossi

it will be intresting to see nakano on a competitive bike next season. i think hes one of the most underrated riders.

it would also be boring to see rossi up on top again. i hope he is getting his a** whipped by the young guns...
nakano and stoner over hayden?

·
Registered
145 Posts
yep ;D ;D

i dont think he will be that lucky next year

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
MarcS4R said:
yep ;D ;D

i dont think he will be that lucky next year

was he lucky to finish 5th in 2004 and 3rd in 2005?

·
Registered
145 Posts
he might end up 3rd or something but i dont think he is going to be able to defend his title. he aint no rossi thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
MarcS4R said:
he might end up 3rd or something but i dont think he is going to be able to defend his title. he aint no rossi thats for sure.
last time i checked, 3rd was still "top 5". ;D

·
Registered
544 Posts
I LOVE SPECULATION

NEXT YEAR

My predictions:

1. Melandri
2. Rossi
3. Pedrosa
4. Hayden
5. Capirossi

I really wanna see Hayden do well next year but it ain't gonna happen. HRC couldn't even keep from screwing up his 990cc in its 5th season of development-- i don't even wanna think about what's going to happen to him next year. I foresee at least 2 mechanical retirements (or 1-5 pt. races) and lots of 4ths 5ths and 6ths. He'll end the season 4th position. Pedrosa's temper will explode as Repsol Honda fails to deliver the championship they promised him, he'll finish third.

Melandri and Rossi will be duking it out for top honors--I think Melandri takes the title under similar circumstances to this season---except he's Italian so he'll deserve it :p. Melandri will win 1 more race than Hayden in 2006, and in typical (non-Rossi) Italian fashion he'll be asleep at the bars if he doesn't qualify well or if he bogs the start.

SUZUKI
I want them to do well, but I have a feeling it will be like KR this season--mixed successes. However, Suzuki will gain ground on Fortuna and will probably be duking it out with them for 3rd. Vermulen and Hopper don't have enough experience running at the front to bring home lots of big wins----yet. Hopper will finally get his first podium (he'll get a several). Vermuelen gets his first win at Laguna or Phillip Island. In 2007 Hopper vs. Vermeulen is going to get heated. I suspect the two will come together in a few races. I don't think these instances will cause retirements but there will be some questionable passes made--mainly by Hopper. Hopper will race like a bully b/c Vermuelen will outrace him heads up in the first round (vermeulen will get a podium) and Chris will get his first win--raising questions about whose #1. But Vermeulen will finish about 5 pts behind Hopper at season's end. Hopper becomes the Motogp media darling in the UK.

Schwantz will be very drunk in the Suzuki tent if they win Laguna, where he will start waxing about how Ben Spies needs to be in Motogp. When he is black-balled by Suzuki, he'll have a falling out with them and become Spies agent (shunning Spies will be the straw that breaks the camel's back after Suzuki offended Schwanz by blowing him off when he offered to help develop Suzuki bikes).

DUCATI
Stoner will be mediocre in 2007, Capirossi will be disappointing. Ducati will have a bum season b/c Bridestone will start cowtowing to Suzuki now that they have the pace. They'll be competitive but no runaway victories.

KAWI
Kawi will suck b/c they have French riders.

HRC
Hayden, will be disgraced next season as Dani gains more ground on him. The Spanish press will relentlessly hammer Honda for considering Dani as the #2 rider, and they'll be completely ignorant of the fact Nicky is the defending champ. The good news for Nicky though, is he'll have 2 wins again next season. 1 win in Europe where he outraces the European superstars and another win by 3 seconds or more outside of Europe after losing Laguna this season. Pictures of him alone at the front with the #1 plate will dominate English motogp media outlets.

YAMAHA
Edwards gets his first win!!!!!! My gut says Motegi but that doesn't make sense so don't put any stock in it. No more mechanical explosions but tons of annoying performance issues.

BEYOND 2007
At some point Rossi and Burgess move to Ducati. The move will let Rossi race for an Italian team with Burgess, and Burgess will get to race with Stoner and will probably save Stoner's job in Motogp. I think the move comes in 2009. Or Melandri moves to Ducati in 2008 and Stoner replaces Edwards at Yamaha. In 2009 Rossi and Burgess part so Burgess can work with Stoner and Rossi can move to Ducati with Melandri (if they could keep egos under control that would be one hell of a season for Ducati).

Spies will get into MotoGp with the KR team in 2008 after Nakano and Jr. get career threatening injuries this year in a crash at the start with one of the Mean Greens. Spies will move to KR with the help of Jumpman (assuming he has a good 2007). MJ will use his sponsorship bucks to dabble in motogp team ownership and see if it's right for him. Some tool will make a Spies motogp highlight reel (after a pathetic 2008 season with KR) using Green Day - Longview as the soundtrack. That tool will probably be from Texas and, therefore, the reel will have no less than 25% Schwanz highlights with a little Texas Tornado thrown in for good measure. KR will move to Suzu engines using Jr., Spies, and Jordan to massage the deal. KRJ or Roberts-Jordan gets a second rider if Kenny and Michael can get their egos in check and broker a deal. Hopefully, it will be Hayden departing from HRC in 2009 but fat chance he'll leave Honda.

In 2010-12 Motogp will announce a GP at Interlagos.

Hayden retires at 30ish b/c he won't leave Honda and he's going to have a new project--Hayden Racing Institute. Tommy, Roger-Lee, and Nicky will be guest expert instructors and the institute will have serious star power in addition to the Haydens. Honda will be hugely involved as it seeks to use the U.S. to surpass Suzuki in global sports bikes sales (we are a rapidly growing market for bikes). A new era of American motorcycle champions will ensue as a result of the Hayden school.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
one thing you guys need to remember is that everybody is basically starting with a clean slate as far as bikes go.

melandri is going to be on the same new honda 800 as pedro and hayden. the likelyhood of a mechanical should be equal for all of them.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I would kill for Loris to take the championship....

and it might actually have to come to that. :-\

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Pip said:
and it might actually have to come to that. :-\
better watch out. if you kill all his rivals everybody'll say he didn't really deserve to win the championship. [cheeky]

·
Registered
665 Posts
derby said:
better watch out. if you kill all his rivals everybody'll say he didn't really deserve to win the championship. [cheeky]
But he'll still be Champ. ;)

·
Registered
544 Posts
derby said:
one thing you guys need to remember is that everybody is basically starting with a clean slate as far as bikes go.

melandri is going to be on the same new honda 800 as pedro and hayden. the likelyhood of a mechanical should be equal for all of them.
Well yes, in theory that's true. But in reality, Hayden rides the development bike for Honda and Benson has his hands full trying to develop what HRC wants while keeping the bike competitive.

From what I understand of Fortuna, they don't spend tons of time and money developing Honda's parts. They just put the gloves on and go racing---"run what you brung" style

1 - 20 of 34 Posts