Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for the love of God, how do I get the front axel out of the forks on my 99 M900? I think it is a 14mm hex drive from the right side. I cannot find this tool anywhere. I have look locally and on the internet. The only option right now is a Snap-On drive that cost over $20 for ONE drive. I know they are good, but that is steap. Any ideas? I have a shiny new Pilot Sport to mount and no way to get the wheel off. Help. ???
-Dave

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I looked at h/w stores and Sears w/no luck.

Finally went to Grainger Supply (prof vendor) and got a socked by Proto. If you're employed by a business with an account there, they'll sell to you. The guy did me a "one time" favor.

Forgot what I paid exactly; about $14 or so.

But then I was at a local discount auto parts store and I saw a set of four sockets (1/2" drive); 10,12,13 and 14mm for the same $14! Of course they weren't as well made, but c'mon, how many times you gonna use this?

My local discounter is VIP auto parts, but previous posts to the same query have said that Pep Boys and similar stores have these 4-pc sets. Call around.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
autozone, 4 piece set, 10,12,14,17, lifetime guarantee, less than $20 as I recall.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Autozone it is. Thanks for all of the help. With any luck, I will have new rubber by Monday!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I had to get on recently to pull the oil screen from my 620. Looked everywhere and the only place that had one was Auto Zone.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I had to take a 25 mile trip to Concord to the nearest AutoZone to get my set. I used it once and now no longer own a bike needing the 14mm hex wrench. But I'll keep the tool for someday in the future when I get another Monster.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
That $7.99 seems like a great deal.
You'll need the 14mm for your oil screen and a 17mm for the rear axle, so that set should work perfectly.
I had a really hard time tracking those little suckers down as well. I tried all the big guys, but had better luck at the mom and pop local auto stores.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts