Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Total newb just bought my first motorcycle ever! I purchased a Ducati Monster 695 Red and holy crap am I in love. I keep going down to the garage and staring at my new baby :eek:

I picked up all new gear (Icon Jacket, Icon helmet, Olympia kevlar gloves, and thor riding boots) and had the bike dropped off this morning. It was kind of embarassing buying the bike last night cause I had major butterflies in my stomach and didn't feel comfortable riding it home after a few figure 8's in the parking lot (plus it was already dark). Oh well, better to save my skull last night! Today when it was delivered I immediately suited up and put about 30 miles in just doing laps around the neighborhood. The butterflies went away pretty quickly and suddenly I was flying around LA on this beautiful italian beast. AWESOME!!!

I can't express just how happy I am. I think the best way to explain it is by comparison of a new computer monitor delivered to my house today. I ordered it a couple weeks ago and got a stellar deal from my companies internal website and have been counting the days till it came. It showed up today and I had lost all my excitement. Instead of setting it up, I went back down to the garage and sat on my Monster. Nice 8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the looney bin, get ready to empty your nest egg because the mod-bug is about to hit. ;D

Tanya

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tanya- Thanks!! I already started looking at some carbon fiber exhaust pipes ::)
Must... resist... I had a Jeep a few years ago and had the same problem.

Jagstang- Thanks! Glad to be here :)

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
DucaFly said:
Tanya- Thanks!! I already started looking at some carbon fiber exhaust pipes ::)
Must... resist... I had a Jeep a few years ago and had the same problem.

Jagstang- Thanks! Glad to be here :)
You can't resist. I don't think it is possible because Ducati's are half finished from the factory. It is not a real Ducati until:

1. It has no tail.
2. It doesn't sound like a sewing machine. (you already mentioned looking at exhaust [thumbsup] )

After these two, the mods become more personal to you, but a lot less fun.

Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
DucaFly said:
Total newb just bought my first motorcycle ever! I purchased a Ducati Monster 695 Red and holy crap am I in love. I keep going down to the garage and staring at my new baby :eek:
Congrats. Thanks for the pic. Yet no donuts! I thought you might be riding my red 695! ;D

Have you taken the MSF course? Much advised for a new rider.

Ride Safe- 8) [thumbsup]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jobu- no tail? What do you mean? I need pics !! :) Also any recommendation on exhaust? I like the deep, low rumble (lots of bass!) sound...

Truerider- Thanks! Yep, took the MSF about 18 months ago. Also been an avid downhiller (mtb bike) for 10+ years so I'm pretty good at leaning/turning. Now I just need to get used to the additional 300lbs [laugh]

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
welcome welcome.

New members usually leave us doughnuts!

look at pics of the tail of 95% of the monsters on here, and you'll see what no tail is.

Justin

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dude...you're into Ducati Monsters and computer monitors? You've found the right place my geeky friend. You're one of us.

-Danimal

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Welcome aboard! [thumbsup] Please consider us your support group and financial advisor. I'm not saying we're particularly good at either, but we try. >:D

·
Banned
519 Posts
Glad that you took the plunge. Now ditch the reflectors, the license plate holder and get some Termi's. Don't be embarrassed, I had BIG butterflies on my maiden voyage.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I too just got my first road bike about 2 weeks ago. I've been riding dirt bikes and other off road bikes since I was 5, sadly it took me til I was 27 to finally get my license and a bike! (although i've ridden a lot without a license... :-X don't tell anyone!) I bought an 06 620 dark 2 weeks ago and have ridden it every day since! Now if only I could get the wife to take a ride with me...

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
congrats on the new bike, just a note, realize that tight figure 8's on most any ducati is terribly difficult due to the horrible turning radius and bad low rpm manners...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
DucaFly said:
Truerider- Thanks! Yep, took the MSF about 18 months ago. Also been an avid downhiller (mtb bike) for 10+ years so I'm pretty good at leaning/turning. Now I just need to get used to the additional 300lbs [laugh]
Yeah I come from a Mountain Bike background as well. Don't like the feeling of a fish-tail on the downhill. Yikes.
A Surfing, Skating and Snowboarding background helps with the feel & phsyics of the sport.

After a few months the weight has become abstract and not as much of an issue except for parking and taking it out of the garage etc.

Ride Safe
8) [thumbsup]

·
Registered
213 Posts
Did anyone mention the Mickey Mouse ears (TV antena )? Got to take those off.

Nice Bike...very nice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I love the red and black........Have fun!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts