Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and boy was is COOL!

actually, it was after dark, so i can't say, "today", really...but non-the-less it was super fun. i am excited to hit it again tomorrow while the sun is up so i'm a little more confident....kinda sketch doing it for the first time, by yourself, at night and stuff...

that ride is the shizznit though. i'm stoked. tucson has awesome riding.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no- didn't get any pie. but it was nighttime and i only went a little way; i'm assuming they were closed anyway. i have heard about this pie you all speak of though :)

i rode it again tonight with MonsterDuc and Swerdna and his wife.

super amounts of fun.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
and then we're meeting again in a little over an hour to finally do it by sunlight...although by full moon it was pretty fun. It might be too cold at that hour to go all the way to the top and that damn pie shop keeps bankers hours. They don't care about us early risers.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
How was the ride this morning? Are you guys still going at sun up, despite the chilly temperatures?

I finally finished the job I've been working on day and night for the past four weeks, so I'm looking forward to doing some riding!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Well the new Tucsonan couldn't get out of bed, so Ben and I rode to 7 Cataracts and bs'd a bit. It was chilly getting over to the bottom of the mountain. We met Sleepyhead at Franks for breakfast, visited Renaissance (they have a titanium grey/red S4R :-*), showed Kris the DM boneyard and headed home. We were out much longer than most of us planned but it was fun.

We were discussing a ride tomorrow as well though I must keep it to only a couple hours at the most. :'(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MonsterDuc said:
Well the new Tucsonan couldn't get out of bed, so Ben and I rode to......
MonsterDuc said:
We met Sleepyhead at Franks for breakfast,.....
Har-Har-Hardy-Har-Har... [laugh]

MonsterDuc said:
showed Kris the DM boneyard and headed home. We were out much longer than most of us planned but it was fun.
Dude! that was totally awesome. totally awesome. it is very surreal seeing all those planes sitting there. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Picked up my new Tangerine S2R and ran into monsterduc and others @ Ren. Lemme tell you, one of those ducs had some loud pipes. Who was that? Did Bill tell you all that they have a desmosedici comming in later on? They're supposed to have an open house. When I have time, I'll post my experience transitioning from a cruiser to a monster - what fun it was.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
tmc5az - welcome to the DML, glad you made it! :)

So how many miles did you put on your new S2R yesterday? What mods have you got planned? I would say minimum mods would be 1) 14 tooth countershaft sprocket 2) new exhaust (to release the Ducati boom and on the S2R to eliminate the hideous bladder under the engine) 3) ditch the OEM "mickey mouse" mirrors.

As for the loud bike yesterday, it was either Bergweiserus (Kris) on his hybrid 750/900 with Leo Vince high mounts or me on my S2R with DP header, Fast by Ferracci slip ons. The night Berg took his first turns on Mt. Lemmon, Ben (swerdna) and I were there. I was at the bottom hanging out and in the distance I could hear a motorcycle coming. It definately was a V-twin and as it got closer, I determined it was likely a Ducati and when he passed me, I saw it was a Monster and it looked like Kris (he didn't see me). I heard him coming for what must have been a mile out and he was just cruising, not WOT. As he made that first turn and headed up the hill he got on it some and the mountains echoed Ducati thunder.

Anyway, we'll keep you posted when we ride so you can come along. When are good times for you to ride?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MonsterDuc said:
I saw it was a Monster and it looked like Kris (he didn't see me). I heard him coming for what must have been a mile out and he was just cruising, not WOT. As he made that first turn and headed up the hill he got on it some and the mountains echoed Ducati thunder.

MU-HUUWAHAhahahahahaaaaa.....! >:D >:D

swerdna said:
This has got to be the most multi-purposed thread EVAR! :)
:) :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
As of today I took my first ride up Mt. Lemon on the Duc. We went only to the rock wall where the van below sits. I have gone up it many times on the 250 but never on the Duc. So I took my time and learned more about the bike. Loved it. We left the house around 7 am and it was a cold one going up. There was some areas where it was nice but dang some were as cold as H***. Looking forward to more rides up. I would never go up in the dark. Eyes are bad for that, but during the day its great. Have fun and maybe we will see you there some time. ;)

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Crazy night riders! [cheeky]

What's even crazier though is rollerblading down it..with shorts and no protective gear!! >:D 60-65 mph..I look back on that and wonder how I made it this far?!

I really miss the mountains right about now but the beach has it's positive points as well! ;D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cal, what did you get, or which one are you looking at?

t

1 - 20 of 36 Posts