Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used toluene in my turbocharged Audi, with great success. http://www.ducatimonster.org/YaBBImages/grin.gif Anyone ever use it in a carburated Monster? What experiences did you have with high octane in a carburated bike?

Nathan Belo
'01 M750 Dark ;D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Doesn't need high octane, won't give you more power and I wouldn't put toluene in my bike. The Audi's ECU will adjust for octane.

D

·
0 Posts
Why would you put toluene in a bike anyway?

We used it in chem lab, I caught the whole bench on fire.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Why would you put toluene in a bike anyway?

We used it in chem lab, I caught the whole bench on fire.

·
0 Posts
I use toulene in my lab also.
Ducgasm, what do you do?
I'm in Pathology.

R.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Isn't that the sh*t they used to put in model airplane glue that the kids used to sniff?

D

·
0 Posts
I use toulene in my lab also.
Ducgasm, what do you do?
I'm in Pathology.

R.
whats up Ruben

used-past tense. I used it in freshman chem in undergrad.

You are in path. Man I hate path. What specialty?

I just finished a year of graduate general then systemic path. Now I am in Oral Path. It is getting a little more interesting, but still, I am getting path'd otta my mind. I kinda dig all the Gross specimens, but the histology is horrible. Now they are throwing radiology in with all the Osteo stuff. I feel for you man, you really gotta have a passion for that stuff.

D

·
0 Posts
I did that too!!! I was going to post my story, but ya beat me to it.... :D

In freshman chem, I spilt a sh!t ton (thats a lot ;)) of it on my bench. So naturally I racked what I could into the sink (with out running the water.) Just as I did, One of my buddies was cooking some popcorn on a hot plate( yeah I know) and the bag caught on fire. As he threw the flaming bag in the sink. The flame ran all the way up the sink/trough and then onto the counter. Big flame, big huge flame. Blues and greens, kinda cool. Luckily, it burnt off fairly quickly, so no major repercussion.

Now the diethyl ether fire was a bigger deal, whole building evacuation. Man I miss undergrad.

D

·
0 Posts
You guy's are bringing up some painfull memories of freshman chem class - ever tried making trinitrotoulene C7H6(NO2)3 !!

D

·
0 Posts
You guy's are bringing up some painfull memories of freshman chem class - ever tried making trinitrotoulene C7H6(NO2)3 !!
bang...and no. I did make H2 gas balloon "bomb" in 8th grade science with lye and aluminum foil. Had a mini-Hendienberg. burns real good.

Also made some c6h12o6 outta of some old crackers for dinner, planing on some Adenosine triphosphate with it. Then, probably end up just moving some salts around.

·
0 Posts
Man I am a Histologist!
I dig all the cells and body parts. However my specialty is Immunohistochemistry.
My girlfriend is a PA grossing incoming specimens so we're a dream team!
I'm getting out soon for my interest in Ducati maintenence.
I can always do Histo on the side or vice versa.

R.

F

·
0 Posts
Never heard of putting tolulene in gas. It is used in brake cleaner and is very very very nasty stuff.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Toluene is one of the main ingredients in racing high octane gas, it's used in nail polish (probably why the women that use a lot are kind of loopy). It's use really came about in the golden-era of F1, when they used to have turbocharged cars that were over 1,000hp and were becoming very dangerous because the cars were too fast & volatile. The talk now is about tire technology, back then it was fuel technology.

D

·
0 Posts
Man I am a Histologist!
I dig all the cells and body parts. However my specialty is Immunohistochemistry.
My girlfriend is a PA grossing incoming specimens so we're a dream team!
I'm getting out soon for my interest in Ducati maintenence.
I can always do Histo on the side or vice versa.

R.

sounds like you have it made...in a sort of twisted way I guess.

ImmunoHistoChemistry...what, did you just find out what everybody else hates and sign up for it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts