Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in trouble, saw the new 749r at the shop today and got bit. talk me out of trading me foggy please! :eek:

this 749r got under my skin just like the foggy did when i 1st laid eyes on her - i see trouble in my future...

G

·
come on man its a foggy. The 749r is an awesome bike. But, its a foggy.

I can't feel sorry for you though, I can only wish I was in the same situation.

G

·
I say get the 749r...once you get bit you will spend all your money trying to the get the foggy to be more like an SBK......oh wait have you ridden the 749 yet.....if not don't do it, you might get over it then.

G

·
I hear ya. I swear I heard angels sing everytime I walked near the 749R. But christ.........$23K! Thats going to leave a mark.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
That might have been your Foggy I was admiring >

i'm in trouble, saw the new 749r at the shop today and got bit. talk me out of trading me foggy please! :eek:

this 749r got under my skin just like the foggy did when i 1st laid eyes on her - i see trouble in my future...
with my wife at Ducati Nashville yesterday. I left before the "unveiling" since I knew I'd be back later this week. I've got a deposit on that yellow 620 there and was having second thoughts myself regarding that yellow 800 Supersport. In the end I decided the riding position with the SS was going to be a little too extreme for me on a regular basis.

G

·
Friend of mine just bought a Subaru hatchback for over twenty thousand dollars. More than twenty grand! Buy the 749R - more than ten times (a hundred times?) the fun per dollar than a Subaru.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, sorry, poor little me right? - i can't say enough about how much i love the foggy. as much as i want a sbk i don't think i could ever give up on a monster, foggy or no.

nothing can replace a monster.

so i guess i'll have to try to figure out some way to have 2.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: That might have been your Foggy I was admiring

with my wife at Ducati Nashville yesterday. I left before the "unveiling" since I knew I'd be back later this week. I've got a deposit on that yellow 620 there and was having second thoughts myself regarding that yellow 800 Supersport. In the end I decided the riding position with the SS was going to be a little too extreme for me on a regular basis.
how close are you to biting the bullit? we'll have to ride. you'll love a monster.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Hopefully just a few weeks now.

how close are you to biting the bullit? we'll have to ride. you'll love a monster.
I know I will. I test rode the 800 Dark Monster they have. They are great guys to deal with and based on what I've been reading on here, I got a great deal. I'm just waiting to get paid on some business deals to finish paying off the bike. Another nice chunk coming in this week. ;)

I live pretty close to the dealer and I was kidding with my wife this morning as to how long I'll have the bike before hitting the Natchez Trace. She figured within the first hour. ;)

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to hooking up with some local riding buddies. I didn't hang around too long yesterday, just long enough to put to rest any thoughts of the Supersport. Since I don't have my bike yet, I felt kind of like a party crasher...lol

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
That 749R is calling my name ,too. It is fantastic looking. I always will have a monster, too. It is absolutely a blast as well.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Get the 749 - and I even have a Foggy (which my wife is really attached to) ;)

BTW, just got back from tracking my Subaru station wagon at Pahrump. Not fun? You gotta be kidding me... 8)

-R.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts