Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2004s4r monster (Blue with the white stripe). I have done some minor mods to it such as mini halogen blinkers, tail chop, handlebar mirrors and opened the clutch cover up with a yellow plate and black springs. The problem is that I went and test drove the new StreetfighterS... I almost have my bike paid off and love the idea of that but... what to do? What to do? The dealer also suggested that I go non S model to limited the payment but if you really want the S then why switch for something that isn't quite what you wanted??? Thoughts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
try and sell the monster, then get the S. U're right, if u want that specific model, u should go for it...
From what I see, the engine is quite the same (Streetfighter vs Streetfighter S), there are some differences regarding the accessories....quite important ones, though. So ask your dealer if you can make the update later, and to give you a quote for that. Hope you get what u want, though letting a monster go is a pity.

cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
either way it's alot of money for a bike (u can get a new car for that kinda money)

the question is.. are u an advanced enough driver to take advantage of the Ohlins suspension that the S provides?

if u do mostly street driving and tame.. not carving up mountain roads on weekends and stuff

it's not worth the extra money for the suspension and S stickers..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts