Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is getting to be that time, and I am kicking myself for not getting in on the free diablo deal, but...

I have heard nothing but good stuff about the Diablos, what I want to know is...
I have read really good stuff about the new Avon AV49/50 SP's, Anybody here dare to compare???

The Avon's are slighly less, approx $25 from DMTA, and they look cool (not really that important, but it matters to me).

Anybody with insight?

Ohh, and the AV 45/46 ST's are supposed to be some of the best gripping sport touring tires out there now...

Z

·
0 Posts
I can't vouch for the Avon's, but I've gone through 2 sets of Diablo's with nothing but good things to say.
They heat up quickly, and offer great traction, and they lasted longer than my stock Dragon's. It will be hard to get me to switch.

M

·
0 Posts
got diablos,no complains over here.

I'm kicking myself too on the diablo deal.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Dunlop 208R's or the GP Done!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I 'm going with Michelin Pilot Sport, I will see how they are , I will be getting them installed in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I have been wanting the Diablos, but I may try the Avons... Then I'll get Diablos next, then I'll give you a full report in about a year....

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I've got the AV 45/46 STs on now and am always plugging their quality. Over 2K miles with 3 track days and the rear has way over 50% left. I'm riding fast enough to get a knee down now and they grip like advertised. I've spun up the rear a few times cornering on the street and they were very predictable and recovered nicely. One track session was wet at Moroso which has a rough surface with lots of slick tar strips. I was impressed with the wet grip and feel.

I have a spare rear with an AV 50 mounted but haven't tried it yet. I may switch to 49/50s since I'm doing more track and getting a little faster, but I haven't reached the limits of the 45/46s yet.

I love these tires. I also buy from DMTA online.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got the AV 45/46 STs on now and am always plugging their quality.

S

·
0 Posts
The wife has been running the 45/46 Avon on her SV650 for 2 seasons now.

GREAT tire!

I get out and shred a little on her bike now and then just for giggles and they warm up quick, and seem to have all the "stiction" of the Dunlop 208's I run on my Monster.

Wear is an area I can't really comment on because my M900s I.E. is going to be harder on a tire than her SV.

She is getting 2,500 miles on a rear, but bear in mind she rides a LOT harder than most folks, and I suspect a burnout or two has happened wile shod with the Avons.
(She works with some HD guys that talk trash, and I know she isn't above embarrasing them)

I'm thinking of going to the Avons for the next change as well.

Hope this helps!
S-28

D

·
0 Posts
i wasnt sure what to buy either, i was between d208's and diablos, i just bought a set of diablos from ronayers.com for $211 shipped to my door. i cant wait to try them out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts