Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
I would rather say what I would not recommend as there are too many variables and good tires otherwise. After many inquiries and tire rep confirmations I have come to believe there is something off with Dunlop 208ZR's.

S

·
0 Posts
You have opened the can of worms...
Like Retro said there are too many variables to ask that question. What kind of riding do you do? All canyons or slab or both? You got money to burn and don't care about mileage? You are somewhat limited with rear tire options with the 620 because of the 160 width.

I went with a Michelin Pilot Road rear tire when I wore my stock Demon Sport out(3000 miles or so). My impressions of it after 2000 miles? It feels much more stable than the stock bun. The turn in felt easier/quicker and it seems to hold heat much better. Plus the compound feels like it has plenty of grip, yet not a hint of flat spotting.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The majority of my miles are in the twisties, but I have to ride some slab to get there. I feel I should get a little more than one season out of a tire living in Oregon and all. I ride fairly hard, so I want something that is going to stick well.

H

·
0 Posts
I like the Michelin Pilot Sport. But, I haven't tried anything else on my bike. A buddy of mine has an M750 with Pilots on it(160). No issues with his, either.
Like Retro says, there are a lot of variables in tire choices. What works for me, may not work for you.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
D220s if you have stock footpegs. Anything more is just a waste of money.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I've been happy with the Pirellis on my bike.

The OEM Dragon Evos stuck good and wore quite well, I got 5,200 miles out of of 'em. By then the rear was shagged, and the front was getting a little 'pointy'. From previous threads, it seems that's pretty high mileage for a set of Evos, but they had been 'aged' for 15 months while the bike sat on the dealer's floor.....

Checked around, and couldn't find any evos to replace 'em with. Got a set of Pirelli Diablos, and I'm happy with those too. The rear Diablo isn't going to last a whole lot longer, I've got 2,800 miles on it and may milk another 500 (I hope more :'( ) out of it. I'll probably replace the front at 4000, unless it gets too spooky. Maybe my mileage is due to the bad crowd I run with ;D .

Can't really speak for the wet weather performance of 'em. With you being in Oregon, something with a little more tread may be prudent.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Had Dunlop D207's on mine when new...were ok, but not great...Lasted a little under 5000 miles on the rear....

Replaced with Bridgestone BT010 front & rear...what a difference, they are a dual compound, slightly harder in the center so the wear isn't too bad on the boring straight bits, and grippy on the sides for the fun twisty bits. Lasted till 12,000

Replaced rear only with BT020...slightly harder again but still dual compound like the 010, ideal combination for fast road & local commuting. Warm up nice & quickly, retain heat well & VERY confidence inspiring. All round a great pair of tires...Lasted till bike was destroyed @22,000+ miles (and still had a bit of wear left as well)

That all said....it was in the UK, weather is different here, its warmer! But its a very popular combination on Monsters back home.

Thats my 2 cents worth....but in the end, its personal choice to suit your riding style.

[smiley=help.gif] ::)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts