Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm new to Ducatis but not motorcycling so I look in the owners manual(imagine that) and it doesn't list tire pressure. Every other motorcycle or car I've ever had had at least a recommended pressure. SO my question is what are you running and why? Thanks
185lbs rider
Michelin Pilot Power tires
2007 S2R 1000
public road use

·
Registered
90 Posts
Okay, I'm new to Ducatis but not motorcycling so I look in the owners manual(imagine that) and it doesn't list tire pressure. Every other motorcycle or car I've ever had had at least a recommended pressure. SO my question is what are you running and why? Thanks
185lbs rider
Michelin Pilot Power tires
2007 S2R 1000
public road use
There should be a sticker on the frame that will give you the cold pressure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll run with 33 front and 35 rear for starters. Previous owner had 27 front and 30 rear. thanks all

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alex, thanks as well as all the other responders. What is most important is rider weight, bike model, and tire make and model. For instance my BMWR1200RT weighs in at just under 580 lbs. with a full tank of fuel. I run Dunlop Roadsmarts 38front 42rear when loaded with luggage or two-up. For chasing around the local twisties they are 36-40 respectively, and BMW recommends 34-36 for solo. The higher pressures give me a bit better mileage, minimize scalloping, and still stick like glue. The S2R1K Monster in current trim weighs close to 400 lbs but with Michelin Pilot Powers. I change my own tires and consider tires to be consumables with an insurance option. On the BMW if I ride them hard I only get 5K miles on a set. I'm hoping to get more mileage on the S2R1K but only barely. The speeds I'll likely be riding will be slower than most because my roads have more twists per mile. Hardly any high speed sweepers. Now I have a starting point for it and will likely go through tires until I get it dialed in. Again thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally found the psi or BAR pressures recommended. They were hiding in the owners manual. Silly me. BAR 2.1 and 2.2 front and rear respectively or 30/31 PSI respectively.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts