Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've read the local shops thread (even made my first DML post there) etc., but I can't see if anyone has spoken of a shop south of CPS WB that will put my new front tire on for me. I don't have space or a front stand to take the wheel off myself in my current place, and if I have to ride anywhere to do it that will become a logistical nightmare, so I'm just trying to fork over the extra cash to have someone else do the whole thing. Problem is no one near Fredericksburg will touch the Duc. Any suggestions?

On another note if I do go up 95 to WB, which will make me sad because I hate 95 passionately, does CPS have Gerbings gloves? Just gotta get the hands warm and winter riding will be fun again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought Morton's was a sure thing, showed up there to do the tire and buy the gloves, but they won't touch anything other than the wheel itself on the Duc, so I'd have to deal with the getting a ride hassle. Kinda disappointed me, they're usually very helpful to me despite my lack of a BMW.

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
There are back roads from Fredericksburg up to WB. Have you tried Extreme Powersports?

G

·
Unfortunately I think you are stuck. I know of no non-ducati dealers that will take off the wheels on a Duc to change tires. I would just plan a time to go to WB or get the stands to do it yourself. A good investment all and all and you can find good prices on stands on ebay or other places.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate all the replies, I was kind of hoping that a small place like Duc Pond or Battley's existed near me and I just hadn't heard of them somehow. Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case, so if any of you see some guy on a 750 Dark with a tire around his waist tomorrow headed NB into WB, well, that would be me.

For now though I'm down to 1 day left to work before I start my new job next week, and I hear celebratory beers calling me from a bar across town.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.