Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today as I was lubing my chain after a BEAUTIFUL high 50's blue sky ride I decided to inspect my rear tire since I had the bike up on the stand.

Right in the middle of the tire, I found a small piece of glass embedded in the rubber. It was no more than 1/8 of an inch in, but had created a small lesion in the tire. I removed it with my needle nose pliers and am sure I got the whole piece. The "lesion" remains.

My question: considering that the tread depth is much deeper than the damage on this raised section of my tire, has the integrity of the tire been compromised, or is this merely cosmeting damage?

These are fairly new tires, with only about 4000 miles on them so I hope I don't have to replace.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wish my tires lasted 4000 miles! It's hard to say if the tire was at all damaged. It doesn't sound likely.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
You're obviously taking it way too easy on your M900 if you can say that you "only have 4000 miles on them". That's the longest a rear ever lasted for me, with the shortest being 2500 miles.

If the glass didn't get to the cords of the tire, don't worry about it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only about 1000 of those miles are "fun" riding.. the remainder being commuter miles going in a straight line.

Thanks for the feedback... I appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts