Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, time to sound like a crazy person on my very first post.

I have a 2007 Ducati Monster 695 (dark).

Occasionally, I have found sitting underneath my bike, little black disks--that sort of resemble hockey pucks--about 1.5 cm in diameter, and about 0.6 cm thick.

My natural worry is that they have come loose from the bike. They don't have any surface features other than what looks like either a worn spot or a smudge of silver paint near the center of the disk. Are these some kind of spacing device that has come loose?

Has anyone else noticed these tiny puck-like objects underneath their bike?

(As I said, I feel kind of crazy asking about this.)

jerru

P.S. Apologies to all if this is posted in the wrong section. I'm new to this forum.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
no worries, they dampen the ringing from the air cooling fins. discs fall out as they age. don't bother putting them back in: difficult to do & just fall out later.
cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting, I have the same bike, but mine haven't started falling out yet, or I haven't noticed them. Good to know for when it starts happening!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
yup, everywhere i was parking i would come back to my bike and find these damn puck things on the ground...kept a few and showed them to my mechanic...just bend down and look in the cooling fins, you find them wedged in there...it helps to keep the vibrations down...i thought my bike was pooping everywhere...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts