Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating doing the timing belts myself on my S2R 1000 as I consider myself pretty handy. I've been watching videos and reading 'how-tos' and it seems really easy. Almost too easy. Am I missing anything that could crop up and surprise me, any tips or advice anyone can share?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It's pretty simple. After I do mine I roll the engine over a few times using the back wheel to make sure the marks still line up and that I have no mechanical interference. Make sure you don't overtighten the belts as they really do get quite a bit tighter on a warm engine. Double check that your tensioner bolts are tight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you knock it out? I just picked up an s4r and did the timing belts. It seems really easy...and it was! I marked the belts, lined up the new ones, set the tension and that was it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you knock it out? I just picked up an s4r and did the timing belts. It seems really easy...and it was! I marked the belts, lined up the new ones, set the tension and that was it.
Yes, knocked it out a few weeks back. Watched a lot of videos and read tutorials before I did the job and it was very easy. I'm glad I did it myself as it makes me appreciate the bike more for some reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts