Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Time to move on

4K views 43 replies 31 participants last post by  alex 
#1 ·
It's been a great 5 year run for me as webmaster/admin at the DML, but the time's come for me to step down.

I've met great friends, both online and in person, and have certainly gotten more out of my time here than I ever expected. It's been great seeing the site grow and become the place for Monster owners to hang out, and having the ability to move that along by doing site upgrades and adding features has been a blast.

Since the sale of the site to Vertical Scope though, my role has become more of a caretaker than innovator, so it seems like a good time for a handoff to the new owners.

I'd like to extend a personal thanks to Jeff for asking me to take on the job, and to the mod core for making it all possible as the site expanded way beyond what any one or two people could handle. I'd also like to say the moderators and admins are the greatest group of people I'd ever hope to work with, and when the job became more work than fun, I could always count on them to crack a joke to lift me out of the slump.

I'll still be around in the local SF forum though, still riding my old beast and doing Vespa burnouts; just in an unofficial capacity.

My best to you all,
Michael

See less See more
#21 ·
Michael, you did a great job with this site. What a lot of people do not realize is the feeling of this place has a lot to do with your UI. You will be missed more and more as this site turns into another VS forum. Thanks for all of your work! [clap]

#23 ·
Michael

Many genuine thanks to you, my friend.
You have been the very best!

8)

I am certain that all members will miss your fine effort and hard work.

Best to you, Mate !

[thumbsup]

------BD

#25 ·
This all has the feeling of an eulogy. This place has been an invaluable source of information, laughs, meets and parts. It's truly been an oasis on the web the past 2.5 years.

Thanks Michael for the work. I'll be googling like hell in the coming months to find out where y'all land.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.