Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't for the life of me figure out how to attach / tighten the crankcase breather (see video and red x on first image) . I noticed it came completely loose after a ride but couldn't get it to screw back on. (does it screw on?)
I've de-attached the hose from it and removed the top part of the breather (2nd picture shows me holding it, exposing it's underside). There's a lip, but no threads. How does one tighten this thing back on?

Before removing anything:

After removing hose and de-attaching the upper part of the crankcase breather. Photo shows underside of top part of crankcase breather:

Photo of the bottom part of the breather:

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
It appears to have come apart at the seam. I’ve never had one apart. The bottom unscrews, iirc. The top was maybe glued on ? Not sure. Clean it and glue it back together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - upon digging around more, I believe the parts are glued together at the factory and it somehow came apart during riding. Which means I could either try gluing it back together, or replacing it. I've ordered an aftermarket one made out of billet aluminum for now. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts