Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 monster, and was looking to get a throttle spacer to take up the slack, however it is not listed on the site. Only for a 2016 up. Anyone have any information as to if one of the others will fit my bike? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Throttle spacer was more of an issue on the updated throttle on the newer monsters...the early ones should be more concerned with breaking...if you ever get a check engine light....try and change rider modes...if you can't...replace it....it gets worse at some very inopportune times

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 monster, and was looking to get a throttle spacer to take up the slack, however it is not listed on the site. Only for a 2016 up. Anyone have any information as to if one of the others will fit my bike? Thanks for the help.
I have a 2015 1200s,and the delay in pickup annoyed me,made it difficult to pick up the throttle out of slower corners,like you I’d hoped to find a spacer kit but not made for the pre 16 models,so I took the throttle assembly apart and glued a piece of old credit card to the throttle tube peg, filed it to size and used some heat shrink to seal it all up,the result is a much more responsive throttle that now is easier to ride,be aware that the spring in the throttle assembly can cause a bit of fun and games when reassembling but a bit of patience and perseverance will sort it,I also have a Jetprime throttle/kill switch assembly with the same modification but I’ve yet to fit that…..hope this helps(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts