Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to take off the throttle handle, I dont seem to get the trick. We're trying to install clip-ons on my friend's duc.

S

·
0 Posts
Where is it a problem? Is it loose at all or not moving at all. Make sure that the bar end is off and also that you have slack on the brake lines. If you haven't already loosen all required bolts and then take the whole bar assembly off the triple clamps, it should give you a bit more room to play.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All bolts are off and still it doesnt move. I dont wanna force and it cuz it's not my bike. I'll try to use an high presure air jet to slide it off.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
There's a little 'nipple' on the clamp that goes into a hole on the bar. That has to come off the bar before any of the rest of the throttle assembly moves.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THX Fill,
That's probably what prevents the assembly from sliding off.
It's all in the nipple as always :p

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one more question, do I have to drill any holes in the clip-on bars to fit the throttle assembley?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
You can drill the positioning hole in the new clip-ons, but I just dremeled the nipples off (I think the brake MC has one, too).

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Throttle handle removal V.4

Hi again ;D
I didnt find the holy nipple...
Just touch basing with you guys.
this is where I'm at right now.
I got all part loosen up. The throttle thingy (red arrow on the pic) doesnt move though i've taken all screws out. I dont see what's holding it to the bar. You guys have any idea?

·
Registered
117 Posts
once you remove the bolts holding throttle cable assembly together, wiggle it back and forth so it separates somewhat into two halves. After that the whole thing will just slide off

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've done that. the back half is moving but not coming out. the front one is totaly stuck on the bar like if there's something holding it on.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Felas, Mission Accomplished... Mdark750 out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts