Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I removed my airbox (wanted to see what it would sound like with TPO beast 8)) my bike would idle at about 1200~1300rpm with the throttle enrichener fully open. After everything was reassembles the bike idles up near 2000rpm with the enrichener fully open. I don't know why it would be any different. Unless I banged into an injector or harmed the enrichener assembly somehow. Any ideas? What does your bike idle at with enrichener fully open?

'03 M1000 Totaly stock

·
Registered
339 Posts
my 620 idles around 2K+ with the enricher full open. Isn't the normal idle on a M1000 somewhere around 1-1,100? If so, it doesn't sound like your enricher was working before you mucked with the airbox..

mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kind of what I was thinking...seems like the enrichener is working better now than it was. Before, it didn't increase the idle speed very much until it was fully open. Just the fact that it is differenent now than it was before I messed with it makes me wonder. I'll keep an eye on it.

G

·
My understanding is that with injected Ducati's, that the lever is not an enrichener but a fast idle linkage only.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
You may have "relocated" the cable to a slightly tighter path when you did the airbox R&R.

FYI, my bike would probably "idle" at 5000rpm if I pulled the fast idle lever all the way to the stop.

G

·
The idle speed and "fast" idle speed lever can be adjusted. There was a good post with pics of the screw locations about a month back. Little tricky, as one adjustment can affect the other, but they can both be set to their desired speed. Don't turn the screw between the throttle bodies though...It changes the sync.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts