Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - need some advice from the experts here. So I went to add some bar risers to my aftermarket handlebar (accossato) on my '02 M900ie and ran into an issue with the throttle cable being too short. Had everything completed and when I started the bike up it jumped to full rev within a few seconds. Freaked me out so I took the risers off after troubleshooting to discover the throttle cable was being stretched pretty much fully open hence the high revs. I'm still learning alot about these bikes and trying to do things myself so I'm wondering what the solution would be in this instance. Are there longer throttle cables that I can simply swap out for my stock one that won't bind up like this? What should I be looking for exactly? I know you often get cables with a riser kit but mine did not come with any. This is the set I bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=290835122634

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
You will most likely need a longer cable, unless you were able to reroute- but it doesn't seem like you will. Call around to your local shops you may find someone near by who can put together a custom cable for you. Nothing to it but you need the crimping tools...

Otherwise motion pro sells cables...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts