Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new oem throttle cable for a 2012 Ducati monster via part number provided by Ducati Omaha, the cable coming with it is for a 2005 s4r. Will this throttle cable work for my 2000 Ducati monster 900?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I think they know more about that than I do. Most companies try to use existing parts on multiple models. It saves money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they know more about that than I do. Most companies try to use existing parts on multiple models. It saves money.
lol part was sold with absolute Misinformation. One of those ebay deals. The housing says domino on the inside which is aftermarket and the cable he sent me with it was advertised as good shape just bolt on and go...

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check this description 😂

after you look at the picture look at the part number in the title.. and represented as brand Ducati (seen in the item specifics / product detailsin screenshot) : “Ducati Monster S4R 04-05 Throttle Control Housing & Cable 65420031A”

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have a monster 796 throttle cable. Anybody know if length is tight for either S4r or 796 in regards to fitting it on 2000 monster 900 sie application thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also have a monster 796 throttle cable. Anybody know if length is tight for either S4r or 796 in regards to fitting it on 2000 monster 900 sie application thanks
If you're looking to update that many bikes, you might consider just making your own. Especially if the housings are still in decent shape. The kits with the cables and extra barrels are easy to find. I swap out the big wonky Phillips head barrel screws with a stainless set screw and half a drop of blue Loctite. It stays put, but can be disassembled later if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts