Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just returned from an amazing three days of riding. I must say it was easily the best motorcycle riding experience of my life (which isn't saying much since I've really only been at it since Sept, but still). Inspired by Paul D's Multi-Day Ride? thread I decided to take advantage of my spring break (I'm a teacher these days) and head up Hwy 128 through Boonville and towards Mendocino. Since I live in Sonoma I caught 128 North out of Calistoga. That was definitely the right way to start. Smooth turns, no traffic for a good long run, cool Spring time air... Well, that's pretty much how the rest of the trip went. But really, it's true; I've never encountered so much open road and exquisite riding.

Day 1:
Basically I went up 128 through Boonville and on to the coast, then Hwy 1 up to Mendocino. After a late lunch in Mendocino I took Comptche Ukiah Rd Southeast to Orr Springs Rd and stayed at Orr Hot Springs for the night. Orr Springs Rd is pretty much of a goat trail west of the springs, but it had some good spots too. It was cold and windy at the coast so dipping into that hot tub 'o spring water was ooh so nice ;D

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Jack, you dog!! I'm dying reading this. Every time I've been to Mendocino I've been in a cage and have said (each time),
"I'm going to do this on a bike someday" and here you went and did it. Excellent report - I think I'll file it under "to do".

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Michael- Highly recommended. There be the promised land! :D

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Any job openings at that school you teach at? I may have inspired your ride, but I can't get a day off to save my life :mad:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, pretty sweet to have a spring break, but I've never needed one so badly either. I work with at risk boys (grades 6 - 12) and they're pretty intense sometimes. But hey, if you're up for it things open up from time to time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts