Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread was started by MikeB but his original post was split off to start the Bikes of the DML thread

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=66223.0

:)

Good idea. It's worthwhile encouraging posters to host their 1 bike image here on the DML so in a few weeks time the thread isn't peppered with red Xs. Those empty boxes are no fault of the DML's ... just bad links. Dunno about you but I find those "image not found" boxes irritating.

Maybe check with Jeff or MM to see if it's OK?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would not attach the images to the message in the thread, they get deleted after 30 or 60 days.

·
Registered
489 Posts
And if you have any questions for the owner, send them a PM. DO NOT JACK THIS THREAD.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
MikeB said:
What do you guys think?
I think it's a great idea. [thumbsup]

If the thread goes forward, one of the mods can split out all responses to the "what do you think?" question and just have the first post (with the rules and instructions) followed by posts with bike pics and mod lists.

I'd also add in the first post somewhere that people should upload their photos to the DML rather than attach them as pics. If someone wants to do a quick How-To post for posting pics with the new photosoftware, that'd be great. We can link to it in the first post.

We should have Jeff or Michael set up a "BIKES OF THE DML" folder in the photogallery specifically to host pics for this thread. I'll send them a PM about it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
dont quite understand.. do i have to be a titanium member to take part in this shindig?

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
yuu and turbomonster--

I edited uploaded your pics to the DML and edited your posts to embed the linked images and remove the attached images. That'll make your pics permanent rather than going to a red X after a while.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would say post as many pictures as you want... some stuff doesn't show up well in just one overall picture.

yes, I'm whoring out my bike.

·
Registered
489 Posts
EvilSteve said:
I wouldn't mind a couple of pictures but some people would post like 10 and it'd make the thread hard to read. I'd say keep it to like 2 or 3?
[thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I think this is great! I'm already excited to see how the "Bikes of the DML" thread evolves.

Cheers to you, MikeB. [thumbsup] [raising glass]

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What happens if down the line we make new mods and take new pics. Can we go back to our original post and edit it with the new pic and mods or do we have to create another one in the thread "updating" our previous post?

Alex

1 - 20 of 30 Posts