Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going all 3 days but Saturday is the only day I can ride to the show - if the weather cooperates. If it does I will probably leave around 9-10AM from Reston. - Gene
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
I'm planning to go sat, and I hope to ride in as well.... if I can get the bike buttoned up in time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
I'm there and its my Birthday hoping to Ride.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
151 Posts
Is there some kind of DML CAM hand sign or t-shirt so I'll know who's from this forum? I always felt that wearing Ducati apparel (much like Ferrari or any other premium vehicle manufacturer apparel) made one look just a little bit toolish, so that's probably out.

No offense to anyone here who rocks their Ferrari track jacket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
XiaoNio said:
Is there some kind of DML CAM hand sign or t-shirt so I'll know who's from this forum? I always felt that wearing Ducati apparel (much like Ferrari or any other premium vehicle manufacturer apparel) made one look just a little bit toolish, so that's probably out.

No offense to anyone here who rocks their Ferrari track jacket.
Welp.. if that was the case, Gene (2vtwin) wouldn't have a stitch of clothing to wear these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WRONG! I've got Victory stuff and I've got shirts from every motorcycle race east of the Miss for the last three years as well as some races dating back to 1983 or so, not to mention the races around daytona and bike week every year since 1982. Monster Challenge shirt, Deals Gap, Barber Museum, Vintage Motorcycle Days...... I could go on. Oh I also have suits you probably don't know what they are but they make you look important even if your not, they are made of wool or wool blend, you wear a tie, and dress shoes with them. - Gene
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
2vtwin said:
WRONG! I've got Victory stuff and I've got shirts from every motorcycle race east of the Miss for the last three years as well as some races dating back to 1983 or so, not to mention the races around daytona and bike week every year since 1982. Monster Challenge shirt, Deals Gap, Barber Museum, Vintage Motorcycle Days...... I could go on. Oh I also have suits you probably don't know what they are but they make you look important even if your not, they are made of wool or wool blend, you wear a tie, and dress shoes with them. - Gene
I left off an important detail. If Gene couldn't wear moto realated apparel, then...

But ok.. you got me on suits. I chose the life of a techo mercinry so I can wave my compy around to look important...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
59 Posts
I'm gonna aim for Saturday as well. Not sure how I'm getting there.

Having been to that convention center before... where do you all plan to park your bikes during the convention??? Is there any place around there you're willing to leave your bike unattended for a few hours? If not, I'll probably ride the train in from Vienna.

Speaking of what to wear... probably jeans and my jacket. Having a DML cap, shirt or patch from the online store (http://www.ducatimonster.us/Merchant2/merchant.mvc) wouldn't be a bad idea to allow us to spot each other. Perfect for people that haven't been out on rides or the Wed outings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
lucrecci said:
Having been to that convention center before... where do you all plan to park your bikes during the convention??? Is there any place around there you're willing to leave your bike unattended for a few hours? If not, I'll probably ride the train in from Vienna.
I've been wondering about that too. I think Gene's got some notions on that issue. Hopefully he'll share.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Do a search for the international motorcycle show. There should be dedicated bike parking that IMS sets off. last year they had a link and map to the parking lot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I usally use the lot across the SE corner of the convention center and no they do not have dedicated motorcycle parking for the last several years. That kinda sucks but it is way better then going to Baltimore, none of the garages around the Convention Center allow motorcycles!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
355 Posts
I am going to probably go Sat. and it is also my birthday! Maybe we could all meet by the birthday cake ;D Wearing our CAM t-shirts! All kidding aside I haven't meet any CAM members yet but would be cool to meet some hooligans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
915 Posts
I'm going via Metro on Saturday morning. Driving to W Falls Church station, take orange to L'Efant tranfer to green to get to the convention center. Should be there when the doors open at 9:30am probably leave before lunch.

-Patrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
I'll be metroing in on Saturday. I'll be wearing the white history of Ducati logos tee, jeans, and will be lugging around a green camera bag that Ian will be digging around in, I'm sure.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
148 Posts
I'll be there ... I should be able to recognize the CAMer from Rhodeside ... even without the beer in hand or fried twinkies [thumbsup]
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top