Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original tires on my 2008 M695 need to be replaced. I got about 5500 miles on the OE Bridgestone Battlax.

I am cosidering the Michelin Pilot Power and the equivalent Bridgestone replacements. I believe that this is now the BT-020 since it seems like the BT-56 is no longer made. Please let me know if this is not the equivalent.

Anyone have any thoughts on these choices?

Also, I don't do any track riding. I am fortunate though to live in a mountainous area with lots of twisty roads which is where I do most of my riding. Knowing that, would I be better off with a sport touring tire rather than a sport tire?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was in the same predicament a few days ago. I ended up going with the Pilot Power 2CT. They are a hard compound in the center and softer on the edges. The idea being if you are doing alot of straight riding, the hard compound will last a long time. But if you are on some twisty roads, the soft compound will hug the pavement. Nice Lifespan and performance.

A friend of mine uses nothing but these tires on all his street bikes. They look good on his Paul Smart 1000 too. Cheapest i found a set online was $260 shipped. Mine are still on the way... Cant wait!

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
my wife runs pilot powers on her monster and really likes them
her Hyper came with Bridgestones, and she doesnt like the feel of those as well

I just put Avon Storms on my SS and really like them.
Nice feel, and i dont push hard enough to slide them anyway.
(dunlop roadsmarts have been getting good press reviews too)

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm with lofty and monsterhooligan on tires. Michelin Power Piliots or Dunlop RoadSmart are good choices[you live in a wet area] so, from my wet experience with the D220[no longer made], I'll go with the RoadSmarts once I get the $$$ to get em. I'm overseas so for me shipping cost duplicate and a set can run close to $400.00...

Good luck and remember, when in doubt, ask the forum, but my choice, Dunlop!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts