Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a theft recovered bike thats starts and runs with no problems but....

It doesn't have the OEM cluster which is not a big deal except the thief or maybe even the previous owner replaced it with an aftermarket speedo only.
So no signals, no check engine light not tach etc... which means no inspection and its not street legal until I can get some of these things working.

I'm was somewhat puzzled but had some ideas on how this bike starts and runs fine until I started looking into it. So far, I've some loose wires and what looks to be a 00' M900 ECU.

I don't want to spend 2k on a new cluster, key and ecu set. I was planning on riding for a bit, then selling hopefully to break even or even make a little.

Any suggestions on what I should do? ???

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
they may have had the ecu flashed to remove the immobilizer functions.
i dont think a 00 M900 ecu would run a 695 (??)

maybe a different cluster with warning light functions like KOSO or Acewell?

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MonsterHoligan. I've been looking at other clusters and may have found something. I don't know exactly what the previous person did but the ECU case is metallic and says 2000 M900 so I'm puzzled by this.

Anyway, i've scheduled a new bike service at the local dealership to see what their recommendations are. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts