Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
the springs are to hold the cannisters to the pipes.

not sure about the bolts, i'm too lazy to go outside and look.

they may be the bolts for the middle exhaust hanger.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
on my s4r it uses one spring for each cannister and one spring each for the collector assembly. look for the welded on loops. i use a shoe lace around the end of the spring to pull em and hook em over the other loop, saves skinned knuckles ;D

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
loony888 said:
on my s4r it uses one spring for each cannister and one spring each for the collector assembly. look for the welded on loops. i use a shoe lace around the end of the spring to pull em and hook em over the other loop, saves skinned knuckles ;D
Needle nose plyers work realy good as well [thumbsup]

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
The bolts look like the onbes that attacth the bracket of the "S" pipe to the backside of the rearset.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
ducman851 said:
The bolts look like the onbes that attacth the bracket of the "S" pipe to the backside of the rearset.
mine didn't bolt to the rearset, they attached to the motor, iirc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha. I guess I was so excited I completely overlooked those hangers. I'm still wondering what that ribbed washer/gasket and bolts are for...maybe they blew it and gave me extra hardware to confuse me. ???

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
415Loke said:
Gotcha. I guess I was so excited I completely overlooked those hangers. I'm still wondering what that ribbed washer/gasket and bolts are for...maybe they blew it and gave me extra hardware to confuse me. ???
I will shoot a pic of the install on my Monster with teh Arrow High Mounts.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The bolts look like they might be either:

1. For holding cans to mount
2. For attaching heel guard to pipe

Can't tell due to size, but that's all I can remember about bolts that came with kit.

Ken

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
KenSwift said:
The bolts look like they might be either:

1. For holding cans to mount
2. For attaching heel guard to pipe

Can't tell due to size, but that's all I can remember about bolts that came with kit.

Ken
it also might help to know which bike they're for since the parts would be different for the SxR(s) and the other bikes.

·
Registered
241 Posts
derby said:
it also might help to know which bike they're for since the parts would be different for the SxR(s) and the other bikes.
Good point, we're all kind of throwing darts about the bolts (I can't imagine a different use for the springs other than that described above, but who knows).

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts