Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUX!!! [smiley=veryangry.gif]

I can't take this crap. I want to get out on the roads. The cold & the rain make it difficult to do much riding these days. Though I hear this weekend might be nice.

V

·
0 Posts
This weekend shoud be ~60F. Thank god. I'm so sick of the rain. Where does everybody ride??

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've been ignoring it. I'm still using the Monster to get to work each day. Even when that means driving home in the dark, rain and wind. I just need a pair of waterproof pants/leg things which I keep meaning to buy but never do. I could do without the leaves, which seam to get plastered to my engine when it rains.

I will say that my monster has never missed a beat even in these wind-driven rain blasts we've been having. She sits outside all day in the rain and fires right up. I'm looking forward to pushing into December (and with any luck january as long as we don't get snow).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Key word for those who don't know....

Gerbings heated clothing.

Worth their weight in Gold.

If you ride when it is cold, invest in a heated jacket liner and gloves.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I braved it - random snow patches and all. The Monster made it to work today with no problem. It was a nice ride and actually not that cold. There have been worse days.

I was in NYC on Friday and witnessed a guy in a full dress Harley smoking a cigar drive cross-town on completely snow covered streets. Pretty amazing - I can only assume he was moving it into a garage and not trying to drive home.

i do notice that in this cold the front suspension is very stiff. I'm assuming the oil in the shock is thick and hard to move. It is very noticeable and makes me long for an adjustable suspension - something I can soften up in the colder weather. I also could use a windscreen in this weather. My 620 dark is still naked as the day it was delivered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts