Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This S-U-X need your input

So, my Monster was hit in the parking lot yesterday by someone backing out of their space. He cut the turn VERY early, hit my legally parked Monster so hard, he knocked it over away from the kickstand. Naturally, there's damage.

I'm really trying to strip the emotion from my post. Anyway, as I start the pain in the rear process of dealing with insurance and damage, I was hoping some of you might share your wisdom. I don't want to overlook anything and certainly don't want to get shafted.

Thank goodness for my frame sliders. Pisses me off though... :mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It's always hard, you try to park your bike where people can see it and I always worry about that happening. Hopefully we'll start seeing more and more motorcycle parking, we have none around here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sucks bro.... If its any consolation, i recently paid off the loan on my monster and dropped the full coverage because it was too expensive. So with liability in LA, my bike has been the victim of a hit-and-run 3 times in the last 5 months.

1. Car parallel parking knocked it over.
2. Lifted truck made a U turn in the middle of my street. BOOM! at 2:30AM.
3. Not sure how this one happened, but it happened.

No plates.

Theres nothing like walking outside to go to work on a beautiful sunny day, only to find your monster laying on its side.

As for the damage, you dont want to know... I feel your pain, i really do....

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm just finishing the rebuild of my bike after a January 6th, 2009 accident, that happened while moving, no insurance for motorcycles here in Panama, so, I've been doing everything as I can[[email protected] salary] but, it was clear that I needed a lot of stuff for the right side, rear sets, mirror, turn signals, a front wheel...I ended up doing something different, I decided to 'redo' my bike, it's still a M620 Dark, but, with my signature, but I do feel ya... just be sure to take lots of photos by yourself, photos of where the bike was parked, how it was parked, where it ended, the way it ended...

Feel for you, at least you have the insurance guys to deal with, me only me...By the way, the other driver, kept on driving...

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I don't know what the situation is with your parking lot, but I've actually managed to do some succussful detective work in the past when I found my bike knocked over.

Once I found it knocked over outside my house (residential street) and had a guess about whose car it was but couldn't know for sure. I spread the word (went door to door) letting everyone know I was about to go to the police to report it... i was sort of suggesting that I knew who hit it (i did have one hint so this wasn't blind searching), hoping someone would own up.... and they did! apparently they didn't like the idea of the cops finding out about a hit-and-run, and volunteered that it was them.

If this is a parking lot you regularly park in, i'd start by asking around, checking if there is a surveillance tape you can look at, and then maybe leaving notes on people's cars asking for info. Who knows - maybe someone will own up.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
UPDATE: I opted to upgrade the exhaust and rearsets. I'm waiting to pick her up but in the meantime, I have this video clip of my bike comparing the exhaust note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLWZ0XoglZQ

The exhaust is the GP Exhaust by SC-Project in black stainless steel.
The rearsets are Rizoma.

Major props to MotovationUSA. They are awesome to deal with and I can't imagine going anywhere else for aftermarket parts.

Ducati Austin is performing the repairs and they ROCK!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Venom - I feel your pain! When I was hit a few months ago i was rolling at 25mph but still a hit and run. Over 3k in damage... But here's the bright side: My insurance (Geico) covered the damage and I ended up with upgrades to all the replacement parts. My bike looks better and if it wasn't for the accident, I'd never be this far along in the build. So I hope you find the a$$ who did this but either way I hope you get the parts you want!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts