Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have lots of places here to talk about parts, maintenance, gear; so now we're adding a place to talk about riding. We all have sometihng more about riding we could learn, so share what you know here.

I'm going to move some threads from General into here. If there are some favorites I've missed, let me know!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Thanks for making this topic. I expect that we'll see quite a few resurrected threads as they get noticed by people like me who don't regularly scan all of the groups. Now if we can just get it to show up on the list on the left side...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Great Input Michael. [clap] [thumbsup] This should go along way toward helping new riders, as well clarifying the facts for veterans as well. :) This will definitely go a long way toward protecting riders and bikes, as well as promoting this great sport of ours. ;D [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] I will do my best to help out where I can, and who knows maybe I can learn some also during the exchange. 8) Going down Sux, but going down out of plain old Ignorance truly Bites! [cheeky] Shadowchaser

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my M695 Dark a week ago. Am riding on a learning permit until my driving test on 12/10, so a total noobie. Have been reading this site a lot in the past few days and just wanted to say thank you all for the info and advise on this site...it really helped me out today with my first panic stop ever! Was doing about 60 (it's too damn easy to go too fast on this bike) on a clear stretch in LA, when the light turned red (should've looked at the pedestrian light below it better, so I would've known it was about to change). Cars from the cross street started pulling up, so there was no way I could just run it. 2 fingers only on the front while downshifting, rear locked in the last part and just left it like that. Rear drifted to the side a little, but came to a safe stop without a sweat or heartbeat going wild. From reading the threads I new what to do and what to expect, so I guess ya'll saved my *ss and my pristine bike. So thanks again.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hjanssen said:
Just got my M695 Dark a week ago. Am riding on a learning permit until my driving test on 12/10, so a total noobie. Have been reading this site a lot in the past few days and just wanted to say thank you all for the info and advise on this site...it really helped me out today with my first panic stop ever! Was doing about 60 (it's too damn easy to go too fast on this bike) on a clear stretch in LA, when the light turned red (should've looked at the pedestrian light below it better, so I would've known it was about to change). Cars from the cross street started pulling up, so there was no way I could just run it. 2 fingers only on the front while downshifting, rear locked in the last part and just left it like that. Rear drifted to the side a little, but came to a safe stop without a sweat or heartbeat going wild. From reading the threads I new what to do and what to expect, so I guess ya'll saved my *ss and my pristine bike. So thanks again.
Glad it worked out for you! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well, I too am a little wet behind the ears when it comes to the road since I was born and raised on the Annex coal mines of Brazil, Indiana. I am finally finding out what I have been missing for all of these years! If any of you guys are in the Pensacola, Florida or panhandle area, give me a shout and we will go out and ride. It looks like I have found a good community here. I look forward to seeing everyone at events. Laters

1 - 9 of 9 Posts