Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some on tell me What lenght bolt are used to attach the stock fairing to the bike. Actually did you use the stock bolts or was a longer bolt supplied with the fairing ? My fairing looks just like the one below. I finally found one that matches my bike. I have all the hardware accept the mounting bolts. 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, there are a couple arms, and longer bolts that replace the top triple bolts...Length, I dunno -- I could measure them the next time I'm at the shop where my bike is if you'd like. Your ducati dealer should be able to provide you with the spec or at least the parts fiche should tell you.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The four bolts are about half an inch longer than the original bolts clamping the forks into the top triple clamp. Note that there are also brass colored spacers that go between the bracket and the triple clamp so that the bracket is not directly touching the triple.

I still have the four bolts from my old Monster, but they're holding my clipons to the risers on my ST2 right now.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
I have mine somewhere. If you want a length I'll measure one.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Yeah I know it's an old thread but I have the exact same fairing for my older ('97) bike and have the exact same problem. Did anyone ever come up with the correct bolts?
I did check with my dealer and they said that it's too old so they could not look up the correct bolts for me.
An exact DML thread to match my current project.....what are the odds?.........I love this board!

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
I can dig mine out and measure if you'd like.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
ducpainter said:
I can dig mine out and measure if you'd like.
That'd be groovy if you have the time. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Anybody have a picture or dimensions of this spacer? I'll need to find those as well.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
9mmMike said:
Anybody have a picture or dimensions of this spacer? I'll need to find those as well.
I never used those.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts