Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some third eye mirrors at my local bike store. These things don't want to go in my bars. I was wondering how other people managed to get these in.

travis

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
too big? too small? may have to replace the 2 rubber pieces with the other-sized ones included in the package.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it included 2. the small ones are too small. I am going to keep trying to get in the bigger ones, although it seems almost impossible without cutting them or something.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Damn, I can't exactly remember, but I think I used the larger pieces and just filed them slightly with a file or really rough-grit sandpaper. You want them to be tight.
Dion

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got the mirrors on. Had to just dremel the rubber down till it manage to fit. The mirrors are great, I was thinking of getting the crg's, but now glad I didn't. Can spend the money on something else.

The set cost me 20 bux. Can't beat that.

travis

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I had these for a while on my bike. I had to fab a mount out of the rubber type screws that are used for the fairing. The ones that I used were just a little bit bigger that those. I'm sorry that I forgot the correct name for them. They work great. Well, until they crack & fall off. I went through 5 of them until I finally gave in & got a set of CRG's. They are awesome & no issues since.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I have a 97 Monster, but the bars were upgraded due to a recall. The old ones had smaller openings in the ends with bar end weights. The new ones had larger openings with those little plastic plugs.

After selecting the correct rubber pieces from the Third-Eye package, my mirrors installed directly with no fooling around at all. I'm surprised that others are more difficult to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts