Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of moving my family to Golden in a little while. I am a chef so there is lots of work in Denver for me. I lived in boulder for a short while about 9yrs. ago and remember Golden as being a good place to bring a family. What are your opinions on the Golden area? How are the schools? Coming from Cali, the home prices look great to me, but are there any other areas around Denver we should look?
Schools and proximity to the mountains are our priorities.
Thanks,
Bill

G

·
Re: Thinking of moving to Denver area, need some i

Well, seeing as noone has replied yet, I'll put n my 2 cents.

I've ridden through Golden a bunch of times and liked the surroundings a lot. I'd live there given the opportunity, but I'm not ultra picky.

I do have a friend that lives there, and he loves it. He doesn't have kids.

Not much info, I apologize. I live up in Ft. Collins, and love it to death. Good luck, and when you get here let's go ride!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I am actually leaning towards the Evergreen area now. I heard something about some problems with the soil and drinking water in Golden. Oh well, thanks for your reply!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts

Have been living in Denver for 3 years now and we love it here.
Golden, Evergreen all close to the best twisties in Colorado.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Now we are looking at Summit County, still not exactly sure where we want to be. We did just visit last week and saw alot of great places to live not to mention nice roads!

G

·

Don't do it Bill. The riding season is too short and you'll never put out the power you do down here at sea level. I have a friend who wants to open a restaurant down here. Can you make Sushi?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well, I can roll sushi but I am not considered a Sushi Chef by any means, those guys gaurd their secrets closely!
Where is your friend looking to open a restaurant?

The reason I am moving to Co is to spend more time with my son. I will be able to have no mortgage and work only about 8 months out of the year. Not to mention I miss snowboarding.
I guess Ill just have to get a superbike to make up for the power loss ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts