Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i'm sure somebodys already posted this before but, I have a 97 monster and i'm doing a complet spring remod. And on my list is exploring the single sided swingarm, i've seen one on ebay,used but in excelent shape, dont know if it will work on my bike though. I'm trying to decide if this is a feseable project for me to conqure??? Any sugestions!!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I'm curious about doing this as a project for the end of the year. I'd love to hear what people have to say for an '00 M900, as well.

Tigre

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
This is s doable project, but not a simple bolt on. The 9*6 engine cases where the swingarm bolts on is about 1/2" narrower that the 2v motors. The most common way to do this mod is to mill about 1/4" from each side of your cases, weld a top shock support to your frame & use all of the 9*6 shock & linkage parts. Then you'll have to fabricate an exhaust system. Not an overly difficult project, but not something you're going to do over the w/e.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey i'd like to thank you guys for your help!!! though this project will have to wait till next year though, I live in a small town and nobody is qualified to try such a case milling project, I'll have to take the case to seatle sometime late fall of this year after this season is over. Some of the other parts of my bike redo are going on as planed, powder coating the frame yellow,also the center spoke of both rims yellow with outer part black. Carbon fiber tank,seat cowl,sprocket cover,front fender,belt covers and cluch cover. New tripple clamps,clip on handle bars, and double small halagen lamps..
as soon as i'm done i'll post some good pics....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Too much work for the bling factor maybe here in a little while you should start seeing parts from S4R on Ebay maybe then I might start thinking about a swingarm. Until then I am gonna stick with the stocker.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I would think that the case width problem would be the same for the S4R swingarms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts