Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer yesterday and they are basically giving away the 2015's! The 1200S Stripe lists for $18,795 CDN here and they are selling them off for $15995. That's damn near 3K off list! That's about a grand cheaper than I got my 14 1200S for and I thought that was a great deal. I know it's year end and all but wow, Way to depreciate the value of our bikes!

·
Registered
200 Posts
No price drops around here just yet… Not that I saw any 1200(s) at the dealer on Friday. They did have a Desmosidici for 62k and a Superleggera which I didn't even want to know what that cost….

I've not seen the Ducati dealers that I go to really change their pricing on the bikes till they are leftover from the previous year. I bought my Diavel a few years ago in December and still paid basically the same if I had bought it during the summer. I checked or price shopped the two close-by dealers letting them know I was "price" shopping, neither budged on price.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in Oz a 1200s is approx $24k aud
Your pricing is insane

Leroy
It's a shame your import situation is such a frickin' nightmare from what I hear; I could send you one!

My buddy, who lives here but is originally from Perth, wanted to be a nice guy and send his brother a Suzuki he picked up here. Only paid about $1500 to ship it there; no worries, right? Well, because it wasn't an a model originally destined for Australia he would have had to pay 10's of thousands of dollar to get it homologated for use in Australia because they would have to test everything thoroughly before they could approve its use there. From what I gather there is a similar process for the manufacturers who want to bring vehicles into Australia. Even spreading the cost across hundreds or thousands of vehicles, it will make them more expensive. End result? He paid for storage for 3 weeks at the dock and paid another 1500 to have the bike shipped back to Canada!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ouch...lesson learnt the hard way

It's a shame your import situation is such a frickin' nightmare from what I hear; I could send you one!

My buddy, who lives here but is originally from Perth, wanted to be a nice guy and send his brother a Suzuki he picked up here. Only paid about $1500 to ship it there; no worries, right? Well, because it wasn't an a model originally destined for Australia he would have had to pay 10's of thousands of dollar to get it homologated for use in Australia because they would have to test everything thoroughly before they could approve its use there. From what I gather there is a similar process for the manufacturers who want to bring vehicles into Australia. Even spreading the cost across hundreds or thousands of vehicles, it will make them more expensive. End result? He paid for storage for 3 weeks at the dock and paid another 1500 to have the bike shipped back to Canada!

·
Banned
73 Posts
Many dealers will discount to repetitive buyers. I got a great price from my previous dealer (moved over 1100 miles south) and asked my area dealer to match it on a 2015 M1200S 9 months ago. Yes, they did and I bought a set of Termi's and still saved $950.
Don't be afraid to shop around; even 1000 miles away. Don't be afraid to negotiate and walk out, if they will not move. The normal depreciation is $3500 first year. That's usually what is made on MSRP.
Some dealers markup the bikes $600-$700, I immediately tell them that that not negotiable and we start at MSRP.
My father had four car dealerships and I sold cars. My father used to say, "there's an ass for every seat at a price." Don't be the asshole that pays too much.
Ron

·
Registered
352 Posts
no deals in Calgary....yet

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no deals in Calgary....yet
The deals I'm seeing are ones Ducati is doing, not the dealer. The dealer I was at had signs everywhere about the discounts. The signs were obviously the distributor, not the dealer. The dealers in Calgary should be able to do the same deals.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was at the dealer yesterday and they are basically giving away the 2015's! The 1200S Stripe lists for $18,795 CDN here and they are selling them off for $15995. That's damn near 3K off list! That's about a grand cheaper than I got my 14 1200S for and I thought that was a great deal. I know it's year end and all but wow, Way to depreciate the value of our bikes!

Pretty sure it's a demo with 1500km/s for $15,500 if you're referring to GP bikes pricing... Brand new '15s Stripe models are going for $18,800 last time I was in with a Ducati $2500 accessory credit

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App 2014 M1200 S

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pretty sure it's a demo with 1500km/s for $15,500 if you're referring to GP bikes pricing... Brand new '15s Stripe models are going for $18,800 last time I was in with a Ducati $2500 accessory credit

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App 2014 M1200 S
Maybe Tom. I saw more than one with the cheaper price and the one I was referring to was 15995. I never asked, but I'm wondering if they are able to apply the $2500 credit directly to the price of the bike. In any case that accessory credit is incredible in itself. Way more than the $750 I got on my '14.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts