·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got off the phone with them and confirmed that they are in fact open for business at this point. I may try to run up there this week just to check it out.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HyperM3 said:
Good find!
Yeah, it's good to have a place that carries Dainese and Frank Thomas stuff around. I hope the in-store selection is good on all sorts of stuff (and my wallet hopes it's not ;)). I'll let you all know what I find.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Went to the store today and it's pretty impressive. There's lots of room to move around and I wasn't "attacked" by the staff. Its merchandise is split between dirt and road with a good seletion of each. Not everything you can get online is at the store. Large selection of helmets. I found a textile Joe Rocket jacket for $80 that I had a hard time not buying! Very easy to get to from I78; Lehigh St. exit toward Allentown and about a half-mile on the right.(Downeyflake Lane) They were still setting some things up when I was there so I didn't see everything. They are running some Grand Opening specials, too. Worth the trip from Philly/Bucks County for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I didn't have as much restraint as Andy. I had the 20% of grand opening coupon from the flyer and decided to get a fully perforated jacket for when it's finally warm again. I got one of these Frank Thomas Strike 2 black on black jackets:
http://www.frank-thomas.co.uk/index.php?pge_id=11&product_id=117

I was looking at the Dainese Nevada perforated black on black, too, but couldn't get my head around spending about $150 more on it than the Frank Thomas.

They did right by me too as technically it was on sale for $299, but it wasn't marked as such so they still let me take 20% off the sale price!

The store is a pretty good size and has a good amount of stock out on the floor. I was able to try on a few sizes and colors before deciding on what I got. There's a lot of Frank Thomas stuff- Strike leather jackets, 3 or 4 different textile styles, Strike pants and Strike 1-piece suits. They had 2 styles of Dainese jackets and 1 style of pants- all leather. They had various different AStars jackets and a good selection of Icon. They also had a decent amount of Teknic, but all textile and some Joe Rocket. It looked like a lot of the Joe Rocket stuff needed to be stocked again.

There was a good selection of helmets mostly Shoei, Arai and KBC. I tried a bunch of stuff on, but restrained myself here. There was also a good selection of gloves and boots.

I didn't get to spend much time looking at off-road stuff, tires or accessories.

It's easy to find like Andy said. It's about .5 miles North on Lehigh St from the 78/309 exit for Lehigh St. It took me 30 minutes in the cage from the Lansdale interchange of the NE Extension.

They were doing a good business for a cold Sunday in February and the cashier said they'd been busy all week even w/o any advertising. I hope they continue to do well, 'cause they're a good option to have around.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
This is good to know....we need more gear places around, especially ones that stock alot of stuff, so you can try it on!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts