Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Aussie DMLers,
Saying g'day from SF. Arrived at 10am this morning(local time) and promptly got on the phone to Desmoquattro. Needless to say, our gracious, generous host was already in the arrivals hall and had the truck ready and waiting to take our bags and to deliver us to the hotel in Redwood Shores.

Checked in and had a quick shower, grabbed the riding gear and then off to Desmoquattro's to pick up the bikes ! Best first day in the states I've ever had. Got onboard the 900SS and the crouched position was a new thing for me. Took a bit to get customed to, but the 900 motor felt exactly like my monster. Wasn't long before the first of a few wheelies came out - especially great fun over some of the crests of the hills in downtown SF. >:D

Visited a few bike shops and saw the Bimota Tesi 2d in the flesh - awesome looking bike, just mad. Went up to Twin Peaks and took in the view, then down to Fritz's for yummy fries and crepe's. Perfect little start to the day. A few more hills and wheelies and we were at Cafe Trieste(where my family hails from) for a great cuppuccino - sorry Mmick / Rob for the coffee reference, but you know..... ;D

Then it was back to the garage to update the front blinkers(no, not my doing !!) and we tried to change over the clipons, but the torque wrench as a little too torquey and broke one of the bolts. Oh well, time for the Zeitgeist....walked in and there is a dude at the bar knocking back a Coopers ! [clap]

Mexican for dinner and then back down the 101 freeway at 110mph(not all the way...) and here I am. Desmoquattro has lined up a ride tomorrow through 75miles of twisties in the hills with a bunch of the local DMLers - can't wait.

More and pics coming later.... cheers and a big thankyou to Desmoquattro ! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top of Twin Peaks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Il Cafe.

more coming, but will post the link to my google web album.... right now, I have a date with some twisties ! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Mostro,

look's and sounds like your enjoying your work [laugh]

Have fun mate and say hello to Joe from me [thumbsup]

Now go and knock back a few coopers ;D ;D

·
Registered
491 Posts
I got yhis cryptic sms about zeitgeist and was wondering WTF!!!!

Makes sense now.

Is this a work junket?

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kickstart said:
Is this a work junket?
ummmm, I plead the 5th ??!!

yep, over here working hard. Today was ambassador day...representing the Hooligans Downunder to the Ducati MOB DMLers. Had a great ride through 75miles of twisties in the hills east of SF. The SS900 was a little hard in the tight corners and the suspension was too stiff for me, so felt like I was riding a bike with no suspension at times, but when the corners opened up a little, it was definitely a lot of fun.

My neck/shoulder isn't completely healed after my little tumble, so being crouched over for most of the day really started to cause me some pain in the late afternoon, so it was time for a bike change. Got Joe's famous SuperChicken out and that was quite a nice ride - a little more upright, so more comfortable for me, although the first corner came up rather quicker than expected as the front brake is a little soft and when only using 2 fingers, my knuckles got in the way ! We headed down to the bay and then back up into the hills, by which time it was getting f'n cold. My back as killing me, so I then got my chance on Joe's S4R - more upright again, so more comfy. The bars are quite wide in comparison to my M900, so a different feel from that perspective and loads more power at hand. Rides like it's on rails though. Very nice. Got back to Joe's and all of us pretty much collapsed for a while, before heading out for pizza and a bar.

Tomorrow is more cultural learnings for us when we git me familiar with a pump-action shotty and some clay pigeons.

Picture is from late arvo at Alice's Restaurant up in the hills. You can see the SS on the left, the SuperChicken in the middle and the blue S4R on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
BASTARD!!!!! [laugh] [laugh]

I suppose your having fun now are'nt you (er.. hello Joe) [cheeky]

Mmick

·
Registered
972 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Hey, ****. We'll have to find a way to get you over here one day. Of course, you'll prolly complain about the pavement [laugh]
Actually, no, I dont mind a run on dirt roads either, with or without the Monster.

Mmick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts