Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience the way one single part spreads the desire to upgrade its counterparts or even the parts surrounding it?

ex. CRG levers>resevoir caps>steel braided lines>new pads>paint calipers>new rotor(s)>well the tires are lookin' a little worn and since the wheels will be off....and hmmm how many miles on that rear sprocket?>chain>14t>case saver>clean swingarm>powdercoat it?new hugger>Ohlins>SBK forks>upper triple>clip-ons> :eek: :eek: :eek: And then you realize you were overbudget @ the pads :p

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm with ya. I believe when I pick my bike up from the shop this time, the only things left stock are the taillight housing, the external portion of the motor and the seat. ;D

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kopfjager said:
I'm with ya. I believe when I pick my bike up from the shop this time, the only things left stock are the taillight housing, the external portion of the motor and the seat. ;D
You know, 5 minutes w/ some fine grit makes that housing Into a "dark" one.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
ducman851 said:
Try it with 5 Ducs [cheeky]
Well, I will be ready to start again as soon as this is completed. I wouldn't know what to do with my spare time. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
LP said:
Anyone else experience the way one single part spreads the desire to upgrade its counterparts or even the parts surrounding it?

ex. CRG levers>resevoir caps>steel braided lines>new pads>paint calipers>new rotor(s)>well the tires are lookin' a little worn and since the wheels will be off....and hmmm how many miles on that rear sprocket?>chain>14t>case saver>clean swingarm>powdercoat it?new hugger>Ohlins>SBK forks>upper triple>clip-ons> :eek: :eek: :eek: And then you realize you were overbudget @ the pads :p
Are you kidding? --- Not only that but even if you want to stick to one change at a time you often find that just to make the initial modification work you end up changing lots of other things to achieve that result. You can get sucked down the rabbit hole even making benign changes. Yes, I too may be getting ready to add an additional money pit,er, Ducati, to the garage to keep my Monster company. Of course, a lot of that moditis is largely due to hanging out on this forum.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
SAducati said:
I have decided, my problem is not my addiction to mods...my problem is my wife's lack of understanding of the need to modify.... I can't help that.

Why in the world would you let her know? I tell my wife everything... except anything to to with bikes, cars, tool or guns. I've found it makes life easier. I just keep a seperate discretionary account for my toys. Plus, there is so much crap in my garage, she doesn't no what's what.

·
Registered
141 Posts
siemonw said:
Why in the world would you let her know? I tell my wife everything... except anything to to with bikes, cars, tool or guns. I've found it makes life easier. I just keep a seperate discretionary account for my toys. Plus, there is so much crap in my garage, she doesn't no what's what.
its that guy in the brown van that gives me away. he leaves the package on my porch & she gets home before me.
its not like I can say..."uhh, package. what package....ohh that package, nah, its nothin"

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
SAducati said:
its that guy in the brown van that gives me away. he leaves the package on my porch & she gets home before me.
its not like I can say..."uhh, package. what package....ohh that package, nah, its nothin"
Then get that package delivered to your work address like I do. >:D >:D

Or....... get it delivered to a good friend's place. I have a friend who has his packages sent to my shop (so he doesn't just get a delivery notification pick up slip).

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Modding is like sex...real men just want more and more! [thumbsup]

Any man that has a stock monster is a wuss (or smart if they are thinking about insurance..but still wuss) [cheeky]

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
LP said:
That's some serious dedication!
Yep, I love em. The other cool thing is that some people will let me do their mods. So I get to spend their money as well as my own. ;D

Mac900 said:
Then get that package delivered to your work address like I do. >:D >:D

Or....... get it delivered to a good friend's place. I have a friend who has his packages sent to my shop (so he doesn't just get a delivery notification pick up slip).
Already happens. It gets pointed out at the MOnday morning meetings that I get more mail and packages than the Brokerage I work at does. They say it like its a bad thing :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
The technical term for it, as outlined by a former US Surgeon General, and supported by learned scholars everywhere, is U.G.I. ............Upgradeitis.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts