Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang!

I've made up my mind and decided that rather than buy a 900 or S4 I'm going to spend the extra dollars on turning Lucretia into the trickest 600. She's a 2001 model, already got the Arrow carbons, and a nice pro bolt kit or seven,and a belly pan on the way, but what I want to do now is go quicker and stop quicker.

I'm thinking 41mm Keihins are way too much and know I really want the Galfer wave rotors (Twin disk front). So can anyone tell me whats the best bang for the buck with a 600 engine without blowing it to pieces? Pistons? 39mm Keihins? Any ideas?

Thanks a million!
Rob

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
best bang for the buck .

a 900cc engine . good luck on your project

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gang!

I've made up my mind and decided that rather than buy a 900 or S4 I'm going to spend the extra dollars on turning Lucretia into the trickest 600.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a million for the info, I'll have a look into the 680 kit. Would a lightened flywheel be worth the effort?

Thanks again,
Rob

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
If I were you, I'd spend money on a porting job and bigger valves (if possible) before a light flywheel, especially if you go with the big-bore kit.

Those guys at moto-one seem like they're some of the sharper tools in the shed, and they're at least in your country. Not just around the corner, but closer than the USA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts